Greddy emanage wiring??

Want to know how to get more out of your Beretta? Or have a mod you would like to share?
Tylerlp

Greddy emanage wiring??

Post by Tylerlp »

if there is anybody familiar with the greddy emanage blue please get with me. now my question is what are the wires coming from the pcm that control the individual ignition coil signals? also which wires control the injectors? thanks in advance for any help.

3400beretta

Re: Greddy emanage wiring??

Post by 3400beretta »

Read the manual?

A google search of "greddy emanage blue" came up with the second result being the installation manual pdf.

Tylerlp

Post by Tylerlp »

The manual doesn't tell me where 96 Beretta wires are...

Slinky

Post by Slinky »

Autozone.com has wiring diagrams and haynes manuels at auto parts stores

1 Of 1 Street Legal Centri S/c Beretta's In Existance
Barry
Global Moderator

Post by Barry »

We dont control individual coils, the ICM does all that for us. We use a single signal wire to advance/retard. Crank sensor goes right to ICM. So all you need to the emanage is tach signal and set it up to run GM DIS (if its capable).

Injectors are universal that should be pretty easy.

3X00-Modified
Administrator

Post by 3X00-Modified »

I'll ask again, but why are you cutting up a 96 OBDII harness to install some Greedy thing? What support are you trying to get that you can't with OBDII? I'm seriously curious since I know someone will read this and try to say I'm being a dick, but I just honestly want to know.

I'm sorry but I do disagree with doing this and I think it's just going to generate headache after headache because of the piggieback nature of the setup, but that's just my opinion.

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
3400beretta

Post by 3400beretta »

Tylerlp wrote:The manual doesn't tell me where 96 Beretta wires are...
Your topic is "greddy emanage wiring" and you asked for someone who has experience with that platform. You obviously want someone to spoon feed you. If you didn't you would have just asked for a wiring diagram for a 96 Beretta.

Regardless, all of the information is out there, it only takes a simple search.

And x2 what Jon said above. You already have the ideal setup, the possibilities with OBD2 are limitless. It can do everything you want and more.

Tylerlp

Post by Tylerlp »

Im wanting to use the greddy because I already have it and can't find the cable to go from the aldl port to the laptop. If somebody can direct me to a good cheap site for one of those I'd be more than happy to ditch the emanage thing

3X00-Modified
Administrator

Post by 3X00-Modified »

You upgraded to OBDII... And I remember you asking me about tuning. You need either a DHP or a HPTuners. When you use a HPTuners you need to put in a 1997 Monte Carlo ECU and with DHP you can run that same ECU with either a monte file or a Venture file. Only when using HPTuners do you need the ecu to come directly from a supported vehicle for licensing means.

I honestly don't know why else on earth someone would upgrade to OBDII if you weren't even planning on using the tuning capabilities that are avilable out there already. And that greedy emanage thing will NOT allow you to tune as much as you can with DHP or HPTuners, or even enough to do what you want, those are meant to be used in conjunction with many foreign models that already have ECU tuning support when you possibly hit the limits of the fueling tables in those ECU's... Something you just wont do with your setup and what you most likely will do to your engine.

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
woody90gtz

Post by woody90gtz »

OBD1 swap it.

91 "SS" - WOT 3400/5spd - 13.29@101.6 - World's fastest N/A FWD Beretta
96 "T56" LS/6spd/8.8 RWD swap - 13.45@104.7 lol
GEARHEAD dezign youtube
Tylerlp

Post by Tylerlp »

ok 3x00 i have a 97 monte pcm....so where do i get all the things i need to do this...sorry that im asking dumb questions but i know youre good at tuning so if you could point me in the direction of a decently priced tuner id appreciate it

3X00-Modified
Administrator

Post by 3X00-Modified »

You'll have to look around online, including 60*v6, I know a few DHP's were for sale over there for around $300... A nice price for a fully unrestricted suite. HPTuners you would have to buy new at about 450+ with license info.

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
Tylerlp

Post by Tylerlp »

ouch...anyway i could borrow yours?? lol if not can you set mine up with all the proper tables so when i do get a tuner ill be able to do it?

3X00-Modified
Administrator

Post by 3X00-Modified »

Tuning is a running deal, you need to do it with the vehicle in operation and have your own tuner to scan and then send files to a remote tuner who can then change the tables as necessary and send you a file back to flash on the ECU. At least that's the only way to get it 100% right other than doing it all yourself, or bringing your car somewhere to have it done.

If you would still rather work with the emanage since a real tuning suite is too expensive then best of luck to you because no one on here is versed in how that works... It's really a Import market type of device.

And no, I don't let anyone borrow my DHP unit. After letting one user borrow one of my 97 ECU's and never returning it then I just don't lend anything out anymore.

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
Tylerlp

Post by Tylerlp »

ok thats understandable....i guess ill figure it all out.