Selling Turbo GTZ

Announce an event, topic or get together that might affect everyone
rweatherford

Selling Turbo GTZ

Post by rweatherford »

I've decided to sell my car.  I can give more details later, but I'm looking for $6000 (now $4500) which I think it pretty reasonable.

This includes many items from a collection of 10 years of ownership.  Extra engine, laptop, NA and Turbo tune files.

The reason I am selling is that I have not driven the car in 2 years and I am looking to purchase something that I can do with my family.  My life has changed so much in the last 5 years that my GTZ just doesn't fit into my needs or capabilities to enjoy it.  I moved from an urban location to a rural one and I have 3 kids that are 5 years old and under.  I'd like to see it go to a new home that can enjoy the fun and take this car to the next level.  The engine can support much more (400 HP) if some minor things are upgraded.  I just dont' have the time to make it more than it currently is.

The car runs fine, but has an exhaust manifold leak on cylinder #1.  I have not checked to see what is wrong.  Could be as minor as a gasket change.  I cannot remember which gasket I used and it is possible I did something silly because it started leaking pretty quick after repairing it.  I'm guessing it blew the gasket out from exhaust pressure.  I know the manifold was not warped because I had it checked and ground on a table grinder.  It needs to have the old fuel driven out of it before it is put through it's paces.  Last time I drove it I got 34 MPG on the highway @ 75 MPH.  It was drag raced as it sits and ran a 13.5 @ 105 just like in the past.  The numbers are still on the windows.  It now has a selectable dual boost controller. (my design, as is almost everything)  I started on traction control via ABS (lower boost at wheelspin) but it didn't work on the first try.  I think I need to use a different wire.  It also has a polished intake and cam covers.  Don't ask how many hours are in those...  To drive it home it might need the battery charged and the exhaust leak would be annoying, but likely not a problem.  Tires may have flat spots.  I would even consider delivering it if you pay gas.  I can tow it on a dolly.

Parts currently installed:

93 LO SOHC Block (same as HO and strongest webbing around mains)
Clevite rod and main bearings (stock size)
Stock Crank and Rods
Wiesco 0.030 over (1MM) pictons 8.5:1 CR
ARP Head studs
FelPro Head Gasket
Ported 086 head, Relieved valve pockets, smoothed chamber (no sharp edges)
Stock HO cams
Polished HO intake manifold
Polished Cam Covers

Just a few things I can think of quickly that are extras.  I have all the original parts for this car to make it a number matching original car because you never know.  This car was one of 1656 made in 92.

SCE copper head gasket
SCE O-ring kit
Original HO engine
HO injectors (sold)
753 head.  Might need valve stem seals (if that)  (sold)
Old laptop with all programming and tunes for NA and turbo, organized with a log of changes for most files.
GT wheels with Toyo Proxie RA1 race tires. (sold)
Extra race tires
226 degree cams hardly used (sold)
adjustable cam degree gears barely used (sold)
many spare used parts from engines and wiring harnesses
KYB? struts, one blown and needs rebuilt
original springs

I'm sure the list goes on if I would look in the garage.

Please contact me if you are interested or have any questions.  With minor work this car would be perfect to drive anywhere.  I just don't have the time to make it what I want.  I'm hoping someone will want it and make it even better.

Thanks

Rex Weatherford
92 Beretta GTZ Quad4 Turbo / 5-speed (sold)
Best 1/4 ET =  13.523 @ 105.16 mph

07 Mazda 5 Black on Black (it's slow)

rweatherford

Selling Turbo GTZ

Post by rweatherford »

More general information was requested.

The interior is grey.  Very good condition.  There is a small wear spot on the drivers seat side bolster.  The foam is starting to sag on the left side.  I do not smoke and do not eat in my cars.  Dash is in perfect condition.

Sunroof
AC needs recharged, but works. (I let it out to remove engine)
Power Locks
Manual windows
No Cruise

Basically a very rare car.  No options except sunroof.  It is probably about as light as a base model, but is a GTZ.  It has also undergone some minor weight reduction.

The exhaust system is 3 inch under the car to the drivers door.  There is a two bolt cutout plate at that location.  For street driving the exhaust is capped off and goes through the stock location as 2.5 inch and has a Borla stainless muffler with a Gibson stainless rectangle slash cut tip.  You will never have to purchase a muffler or tip for this car.

The car has been garaged for the past 5 years. ÂÂÂ I am third owner. ÂÂÂ All other titles in Georgia. ÂÂÂ There was absolutely NO rust anywhere when I purchased it in GA. ÂÂÂ There is some slight surface rust on suspension parts and exhaust pipes after being driven for one winter in Missouri. ÂÂÂ It was then retired as a daily driver. ÂÂÂ I think I have put 4-5K miles on it in 5 years. ÂÂÂ Most of those miles to BerettaFest. ÂÂÂ There is NO body rust on this car. ÂÂÂ It has a few minor dents that could be fixed with paintless dent removal to be perfect, but if the car is stored outside it will eventually need paint.  There are some small spots peeling. ÂÂÂ The color is Bright White, which is not the same as the 90 cars. ÂÂÂ If you park this color next to any other white car it makes the other car look dirty.

I do not have any current pictures of the car, but if I find a serious buyer I will find the time to wash the car and take pictures.  It is dusty from being in the garage.  It has its own single car garage attached to the house and away from my other cars.

Many people can give testament to the condition of the car and my history and character.

If there are multiple parties interested I will take the best offer. ÂÂÂ

All of my Beretta collection will go with this car other than some wall pictures that I have hanging in my office.  I have owned a Beretta since 1993.  I have not even gone digging through my garage to find all of the small items such as sensors, injectors, etc, but I know there are more items than I have listed.

Let me know if there are more questions.

Rex Weatherford

Selling Turbo GTZ

Post by Guest »

wow, I drooled all over my desk. I wish I had that kind of money, i'd be all over your car. I've been a huge fan of your car for a long time, and I hate to see you selling it, but, life goes on.

Good luck on the sale, I'm still looking for a fixer upper if you know anyone.

rweatherford

Selling Turbo GTZ

Post by rweatherford »

Rex Weatherford

wicked-irocz

Selling Turbo GTZ

Post by wicked-irocz »

Rex, I cant believe this  .  I knew it was coming but man that sucks.  You know I would love to help you out by taking it off your hands and stepping it up to the next level but with 2 of my own vehicles laid up in projects and graduating from college where I will likely end up $0-4000 in debt I cant do it.  Plus 4 vehicles when I dont even have a full time job is a bad idea. ÂÂÂ

KEEP IT UNTIL SOMEONE RESPONSABLE CAN BUY IT PLEASE.

94 Beretta Z26 57,4xx miles
3100, auto, crank windows, power locks/trunk, A/C,
To many mods to list
-intercooler :shock:

Among beretta boards
1st Turbo 4t60-e
1st Turbo 3100
1st Turbo Z26
1st 94+ Turbo
TeamZGTZ

Selling Turbo GTZ

Post by TeamZGTZ »

Sad to see this. Hope everything works out

MAJ28

Selling Turbo GTZ

Post by MAJ28 »

I don't like adding to the off topic posts, but come on people!  The engine is probably worth $3000 (or more) alone, not including the turbo setup.  Don't go below $6000, with the good writeup and a lot of pictures, you might get $6000 on Ebay, hell I'll even write up the article for ya.

»Jason

> > > > >    1995 Z26 with 82k     > > > >      LG8 3100  ÃƒÆ’ƒÆ’ƒâ€šÃ‚   
rweatherford

Selling Turbo GTZ

Post by rweatherford »

Price lowered to $4500.

Rex Weatherford

IsaacHayes

Selling Turbo GTZ

Post by IsaacHayes »

Ah, viewing those videos at Wentzville brings back memories. I wish it was still open I'd like to run my Beretta down there again.... Made me mad when the announcer called your car a "little cavalier"!!!

Image Image 2010 project (click pic)
1994 3100 BERETTA. 200,000+ miles.
16.0 @ 84.41mph when stock. Now ???
Original L82 w/LA1, LX9, & LX5 parts!!!

soon to be OBD1 tuned...
wicked-irocz

Selling Turbo GTZ

Post by wicked-irocz »

You should have just sold your car to me two years ago Rex and saved me the trouble.  

94 Beretta Z26 57,4xx miles
3100, auto, crank windows, power locks/trunk, A/C,
To many mods to list
-intercooler :shock:

Among beretta boards
1st Turbo 4t60-e
1st Turbo 3100
1st Turbo Z26
1st 94+ Turbo
rweatherford

Selling Turbo GTZ

Post by rweatherford »

Tell me about it......

Rex Weatherford

rweatherford

Selling Turbo GTZ

Post by rweatherford »

I'll be updating with some new pictures tonight.  I just noticed that there were a few flies sitting on the car.  Man they really show up on white...  I took pictures of the flaws.  No I don't wash the bottom of the car, so it has some dirt on it.  I also did not clean the inside.  I just washed all the dust and fly specs off of it.  I did not wax it or Armor All the tires, etc.  The engine fired right up today after sitting for over 2 years.

http://www.beretta.net/behind_the_wheel/92gtz/

They are large pictures.  I'll see about making smaller ones to post in the message.

Rex Weatherford

rweatherford

Selling Turbo GTZ

Post by rweatherford »

Rex Weatherford

rweatherford

Selling Turbo GTZ

Post by rweatherford »

Rex Weatherford

rweatherford

Selling Turbo GTZ

Post by rweatherford »

Rex Weatherford