WOT-Tech chip?

Want to know how to get more out of your Beretta? Or have a mod you would like to share?
GTU89

WOT-Tech chip?

Post by GTU89 »

http://wot-tech.com/shop/gm-60v6/87-93- ... rod_3.html

Are these worth the $100? If the dyno results are true then those gains from $100 seems pretty damn good, what sort of results would be expected for a 89? (shows 122hp/177.4tq from 118hp/170tq for a 92')

Anything else similarly (~$100-$200) priced that are as good a bang-for-buck to look into?

DOHC_tuner

Re: WOT-Tech chip?

Post by DOHC_tuner »

Consider it a "canned tune". Not specific to ur vehicle and ur vehicles afr. Unless they offer viewing dataloggs. Still faster than stock, yes. Safer? Unknown.

GTU89

Post by GTU89 »

Anything specific to put in additional information?

Also, anyone have a pic of where exactly the computer is so i can quickly get the code from the stock chip? Are they fairly fast from order to delievery?

Asylum

Post by Asylum »

Let me help you on this.

SAVE YOUR MONEY!

Back when I was racing my GT with the 3.1 I bought one of these waste of money things and it slowed my car down by 2/10's and 1 mph.

That was proven on 5 Back to Back Race days switching the chips out and back week after week.

And even if it does give you the advertised HP and Torque numbers (it won't) you won't actually feel such low numbers.

My .02

Eric

Asylum Motorsports
"Where we're not happy 'til YOU'RE not happy!

'91 California Quad (Gone with just a bit of "Seller's Remorse".)
'92 3500 GT gone and not really missed. It was fun. Documented 13.47 N/A.
SappySE107

Post by SappySE107 »

Bash away Eric, our chips our proven and with a money back guarantee.

Asylum

Post by Asylum »

No bashing?

I have bought 100's upon 100's of dollars of WOT-Tech parts and was very happy with most of them.

Ended up with the quickest N/A Beretta anyone on here has ever had.

But the chip didn't work on my 3.1 and it's not like I didn't try.

And I defy anyone to actually "feel" 4 hp even if it is there.

In my experience it slowed my car down and this was a car that was at the track literally every week during the season, and was consistent enough to win hundreds of Bracket rounds.

Is what it is.

Eric

Asylum Motorsports

SappySE107

Post by SappySE107 »

Asylum wrote:No bashing?

I have bought 100's upon 100's of dollars of WOT-Tech parts and was very happy with most of them.

Ended up with the quickest N/A Beretta anyone on here has ever had.

But the chip didn't work on my 3.1 and it's not like I didn't try.

And I defy anyone to actually "feel" 4 hp even if it is there.

In my experience it slowed my car down and this was a car that was at the track literally every week during the season, and was consistent enough to win hundreds of Bracket rounds.

Is what it is.
I can't seem to find any record of your chip order or chip file, nor any record through google searches of this site or 60DegreeV6 with your name and "tune, chip, wottech, wot-tech, ben, slower, or track" I had hoped to see how we resolved the issue but right now, I think you are simply bashing us for banning you from 60DegreeV6.com years ago. You talked so much online that surely you can show me something from before 2013...

Defying people to feel 4whp? I read a lot of your old posts looking for something to do with our tuning, and you seemed quite excited about a couple hp when it was your car and Rodney was doing the tuning.

Asylum

Post by Asylum »

I think I bought the damn thing from a guy on JCO. Don't remember and don't care. All I know is that it was a waste of the $75 I paid for it IN MY CAR!

You have some good stuff but that is not one of them.

As of now I don't even have a V6 car. Your stuff did make it quick, reliable and fun. Give ya that, but the chip is NOT worth the money!!

AGAIN, my .02

Eric

Asylum Motorsports

SappySE107

Post by SappySE107 »

Asylum wrote:I think I bought the damn thing from a guy on JCO. Don't remember and don't care. All I know is that it was a waste of the $75 I paid for it IN MY CAR!

You have some good stuff but that is not one of them.

As of now I don't even have a V6 car. Your stuff did make it quick, reliable and fun. Give ya that, but the chip is NOT worth the money!!

AGAIN, my .02
So you really aren't sure what chip you had. Thanks for your feedback.

Asylum

Post by Asylum »

Ya nice try. Spin and Probable Deniability suck on this one, so you can carry on all you like.

And the absence of ANY positive feedback on here is laughable!! :roll:

It was your chip with the invoice and warranty.

If I still had the damn thing I would get him to send it back for the refund.

But that car is gone and my life has moved on.

STILL a waste of money IMHO!

:beer:

Eric

Asylum Motorsports

SappySE107

Post by SappySE107 »

Asylum wrote:I think I bought the damn thing from a guy on JCO. Don't remember and don't care.
Asylum wrote:Ya nice try. Spin and Probable Deniability suck on this one
Im such a spin master.

Asylum

Post by Asylum »

You are a JOKE!

I have stated how you have good stuff that made my application better, faster, quicker and still reliable.

It's just that product, the chip, I will NOT endorse, PERIOD!

And no one has stepped up on here to argue my opinion on it!

So SUCK IT UP!

Eric

Asylum Motorsports

Stencil
Administrator

Post by Stencil »

Eric,

I'm going to have to completely disagree with you on this topic. I was personally involved with WOT-Tech 10+ years ago when he first started burning chips and it was very much a "trial and error" sort of process. Because I was helping to pioneer this, and I ran my own performance company at the time, I was very interested in not only the "seat of pants" feel, but hard dyno numbers and track times, and I can tell you 100% that his chips work. Not only do they provide a measurable increase in performance, but they also are a great way to customize the car to the mods you have done (thing like removing the speed limiter, adjusting fan for lower temp thermo, changing the shift light points, or changing the rev limiter are REALLY handy things to be able to do!).

I see you getting up on the beaten horse of "But it only adds 4-5WHP! That's nothing!", but what else would you expect from an engine with only 115WHP to start? That's almost a 5% increase in power, and honestly I wouldn't expect any N/A engine to gain much more than that with no other modifications. Plus, what other mod is going to get you that much power for so little cost? Adding a CIA is going to net you around 4-5HP, and those are more than $100, and the same with a good exhaust system (and those are a heck of alot more than $100!). Put these together, and you've got a 15% increase in power which is very respectable.

As for your experience with his chip, frankly I don't think you have any real ground to stand on there. The "some dude on some random forum sold it to me so I know it was legit" speech really means nothing. It was common place for fraud to happen on things like this in my day - I've heard many stories of people buying crap chips, realizing they suck, then ordering a good one and selling off the crappy one as good one to recoup their money. Make no mistake, there are REALLY bad chips out there. I have dyno charts of the JetChip and HyperTech chips for the Quad 4 which showed a 3-5HP DECREASE over stock on the dyno. My personal thoughts are that you either got swindled, or there was something unique to your car that the tune just didn't like (perhaps a bad injector that wasn't up to the increased duty, so it ran poorly, or perhaps the chip you got wasn't for your specific engine/tranny, etc). Those kinds of things do happen.

One last comment to any of you prospective buyers, but the last time I worked with WOT he did offer data logging re-tunes for any sort of custom application. It's up to you to purchase the data logger, but if you send him information he certainly can custom tune your car for you (as well as anyone can without being there in person on a Dyno).

I have never had a bad experience with WOT Tech and I would highly recommend him.

-Aaron
'92 Beretta GTZ 2.3L 5M - Undergoing "unibody off" restoration ATM (almost done!)
'93 Beretta GT "MISEREE" 3.1 5M
'95 Beretta Base DGGM 2.2 5M
'96 Beretta "FAUXZ26" 2.2 5M
Asylum

Post by Asylum »

Aaron I have also had no problems with WOT-tech and everything I have purchased was as promised and shipped well wrapped and performed as promised, more or less

I'm NOT afraid to spend some money on my projects. Almost $2000 with Ben.

The cam they sold me, while I feel could have been more aggressive worked OK, and the car is still the quickest N/A V-6 on here.

Ran 13.88 N/A at B'Fest Chicago thru the mufflers.

Ran 13.50's at will day after day with his heads and other parts he sold thru TCE and Crower.

But I have to be honest in my experience.

Not interested in a peeing match. Just my deserved opinion.

WOT has good stuff, BUT the chip to me is a waste of money.

A member asked and I responded.

Now it's viral on here?

It's a friggen $100 chip that at best is subjective and of personal opinion.

You all have mine.

STILL waiting for other than yours Aaron. And I'm not seeing any endorsements.

Cheers

\

Eric

Asylum Motorsports

Stencil
Administrator

Post by Stencil »

Eric,

You are completely entitled to your opinions that your experience has given you, and I would expect nothing less from anyone. You are however being VERY aggressive with your opinion and presenting it as "these chips never work and they are a complete waste of time", which is just not true. May people have documented proof via dyno that the chips do make a noticeable difference with performance as well as the customization that I mentioned before. WOT-Tech has been selling these for 10+ years now and I'm sure has sold hundreds of them by now. If they did nothing, there would be many more complaints and he either would have gone out of business or stopped selling them.

Were I in your position, I think I would reserve my opinion to "I personally didn't see any 1/4 mile gains from this, but I never dynoed it and I never spoke to WOT Tech about it to see if there might have been something wrong with it - buy at your own risk".

As a side note, I have attached a few of my old Quad 4 dyno results from when I was doing chip comparisons on my old W41 build. I had a JetChip, Manapart, Hypertec and Bilmar. Bilmar made the most power (5WHP more than the Hypertec). Of note, the stock 92 W41 Prom only made 175WHP, so the Bilmar was a 10WHP gain over stock. This is just an example of how much a well tuned chip can help out a car :)
Attachments
4chipcomp.jpg
4chipcompAF.jpg

-Aaron
'92 Beretta GTZ 2.3L 5M - Undergoing "unibody off" restoration ATM (almost done!)
'93 Beretta GT "MISEREE" 3.1 5M
'95 Beretta Base DGGM 2.2 5M
'96 Beretta "FAUXZ26" 2.2 5M