3800 Series III Turbo...

Want to know how to get more out of your Beretta? Or have a mod you would like to share?
Conscious

3800 Series III Turbo...

Post by Conscious »

Nocutt check email  
any updates???

mcgavinz26

3800 Series III Turbo...

Post by mcgavinz26 »

Been a while since I checked this out, looks like its slowed down a little, but theres stilla bunch of new stuff to me.  Keep it up.  Awesome stuff.

http://www.speedlimit88.com
1994 Z26 - 3400, 5spd, supercharged, propane, megasquirt - RIP
1988 Fiero GT - 5psd, LX9, M90, Megasquirt
1999 Buick Regal GS -daily driver
nocutt

3800 Series III Turbo...

Post by nocutt »

Darn I have not logged unto this bad boy for a while...  

I had a bunch of pictures but, my little inquisitive son prooved to me once and for all that murphy's law is indeed a universal quality  

The car has been done for well over a month now, I finished a problem I have been trying to accomplish forever...braced the battery and ran bigger gauge wire (provide a better ground, while at it)...

nocutt

3800 Series III Turbo...

Post by nocutt »

started the long haul in tunning the secondary injectors...

The car is wayyyyz to volatile, I am going to drop the boost down to ~5psi, I cannot imagine a .70 A/R coming alive ~26XX RPMs...
I am currently trying to figure the best way to do an idle relearn...the fiero throttlebody why it saved me some space...the IAC is a beyatch to keep happy.
I hope to get a soundclip and or video if I ever find where to host (or maybe they have free video hosting now...not hipp'd)...google sucks azztec.
Anywayz I will update very soon with more pics as time permits...I have got into some research for school so time is really becoming a premium...so to speak...
thanks to every inquiring minds...hope to shock the community when it is ready...Hope keyword  

IsaacHayes

3800 Series III Turbo...

Post by IsaacHayes »

Fiero TB? 52mm, quite the restriction for that beast!! 5psi, lol that's low for a 3800. Joys of hp and fwd eh? Are you going to have a boost controller and flip a switch to up the boost once you are rolling and underway?

Just checking, but have you done a CASE re-learn with the DHP yet?

Image Image 2010 project (click pic)
1994 3100 BERETTA. 200,000+ miles.
16.0 @ 84.41mph when stock. Now ???
Original L82 w/LA1, LX9, & LX5 parts!!!

soon to be OBD1 tuned...
nocutt

3800 Series III Turbo...

Post by nocutt »

Q
U
O
T
Eoriginally posted by Isaachayes:
Fiero TB? 52mm, quite the restriction for that beast!!

Not really...you are now forcing air thru and there is more velocity & less pressure drop across the tb in comparison to the 7Xmm in the stock (original setup)...

Q
U
O
T
E...5psi, lol that's low for a 3800. Joys of hp and fwd eh?

Yes it is...but this thing flows...I am thinking I would have to either get a GTP MAF or consider using the Ls1/Lt1 MAF. In any event, I want to enjoy this setup...not trying to get a status quo  

Q
U
O
T
EAre you going to have a boost controller and flip a switch to up the boost once you are rolling and underway?

The turbolink is also an electronic boost controller...still contemplating what I need to do for max boost...but rolling around town it will definately be set low...

Q
U
O
T
EJust checking, but have you done a CASE re-learn with the DHP yet?

Generally, I believe '97s (PCM) do not require CLs...but to answer I did not and motor is fine besides the annoying idle re-learn. Right now I am trying to use TPv, TPA% to compensate for IAC...without resorting to software changes...

nocutt

3800 Series III Turbo...

Post by nocutt »

from email...

Yes...

IsaacHayes

3800 Series III Turbo...

Post by IsaacHayes »

I guess since the TB is after the boost, it's less of an issue than if it were on the super charger before boost. right?

Hmm running the N/A 3.8 MAF. Personally, I'd go with the L67 MAF, run it after the charge pipes, and after the BOV. Having it before boost will cause issues as stated before, and having the BOV located after it, will cause more. The BOV will open up but yet the computer has already metered that air coming through the MAF.... Oh and I'd keep the screen in it too. Doing all that would make tuning a lot more easy on ya.. If you need a MAF with more range go to a V8 MAF like stated before, but you might have to tune that some. But who knows you may end up making so much power that you never go to your 14psi you were thinking of...

turbolink cool beans! sounds like you can have it pwm or something 2 soleniod setup for progressive boost increase.

soon to be OBD1 tuned...
rweatherford

3800 Series III Turbo...

Post by rweatherford »

Speed density is fine if you can do math.    I have a MAF car now, but have not turbo charged it....   yet.

Rex Weatherford
92 Beretta GTZ Quad4 Turbo / 5-speed (sold)
Best 1/4 ET =  13.523 @ 105.16 mph

07 Mazda 5 Black on Black (it's slow)

nocutt

3800 Series III Turbo...

Post by nocutt »

Q
U
O
T
EOriginally posted by IsaacHayes:
I guess since the TB is after the boost, it's less of an issue than if it were on the super charger before boost. right?

Up to a point...the rule of thumb generally goes by the size of the compressor outlet...in my case it is ~51mm, the fiero tb I have is slighty over 52mm (we still would call it 52 though   )

Q
U
O
T
EHmm running the N/A 3.8 MAF. Personally, I'd go with the L67 MAF, run it after the charge pipes, and after the BOV.

Definately what I intend on doing...I can extend the range of the NA MAF but the plan is to run a very 'stockish program'...so I can keep up with changes easily...
In any event, the hitachi MAFs (I think I covered in this here thread) are more resolute than the delphis...however they are NOT suited for blow-thru setups...not except you can reflect these changes both in software and in hardware...

Q
U
O
T
E...Having it before boost will cause issues as stated before, and having the BOV located after it, will cause more. The BOV will open up but yet the computer has already metered that air coming through the MAF...

Not exactly what is hapenning but point taken...remember the BOV is always opened while potting down the road anywayz...till 0 vac is reached  

Q
U
O
T
E.... Oh and I'd keep the screen in it too. Doing all that would make tuning a lot more easy on ya.. If you need a MAF with more range go to a V8 MAF like stated before, but you might have to tune that some. But who knows you may end up making so much power that you never go to your 14psi you were thinking of
turbolink cool beans! sounds like you can have it pwm or something 2 soleniod setup for progressive boost increase. ...

...I hear ya, thanks...the L67 MAF is a 330g/s MAF @ 11.5kHz...translates to ~4Xlb/min...more than enough, goal is to have more than 300 at the wheels...no more than 350...love my tranny.

nocutt

3800 Series III Turbo...

Post by nocutt »

(rweatherford @ Jul. 02 2006,07:56)Q
U
O
T
ESpeed density is fine if you can do math.    I have a MAF car now, but have not turbo charged it....   yet.

speed density is fine if you don't have a life  

Watt's up...Rex, darn I am not current at all...so what is the new car? (at least I do know you sold the turbo beretta Qu )

KFLO 93 GT

3800 Series III Turbo...

Post by KFLO 93 GT »

nocutt, I can host all of the videos, or audio clips, or pics, or anything you need dude.  I've got a ton of webspace.  Pm me if you're interested.  

93 GTs
IsaacHayes

3800 Series III Turbo...

Post by IsaacHayes »

nocutt: So are you saying you're going to change where the MAF is/was to put it after boost/BOV and go with L67 maf so there is less changes in the pcm?

Maybe Rex is refering to the LT1 in his buick! ;) DO IT!

soon to be OBD1 tuned...
nocutt

3800 Series III Turbo...

Post by nocutt »

(IsaacHayes @ Jul. 02 2006,14:21)Q
U
O
T
Enocutt: So are you saying you're going to change where the MAF is/was to put it after boost/BOV and go with L67 maf so there is less changes in the pcm?
The hitachi MAFs are not "accurate" when placed in the stream of pressurized air...but yes I may go with an L67 MAF or maybe a late model yr for NA...they are still higher than what I currently have...but indeed I want less changes in terms of using a "stockish" program...MAF in our case plays a big role in load calculations....which can be both directly/indirectly linked to tranny calculations...go figure, GM  

IsaacHayes

3800 Series III Turbo...

Post by IsaacHayes »

Yup, I forgot about that. No MAF=TCC might go out very fast. Guys with the RSM supercharger kit have that problem because RMS deletes the DTC for the MAF and takes it out because their BOV needs room where the MAF was.... stupid... Thier tunned pcm, isn't tuned..

soon to be OBD1 tuned...