dash cap

Vent shades, black outs, things like that
Koots

Re: dash cap

Post by Koots »

You mean a replacement dash pad? or just a cover to go over your old one?

Koots

Post by Koots »

I don't have any experience with these specifically, but I've been very interested in them myself.

I haven't heard any specific reviews for Beretta's and Corsica's, but I don't see how they could be that bad. It will cover the ugly dash regardless. From all the searching I've done, the covers work well according to anyone who actually bought one, but I read a lot of hate from people who just see eBay in the listing and consider it garbage right away.

themixer

Post by themixer »

I bought one I am waiting to get to montreal to pick it up!

There was a member that had one installed in his car and it looked very very good, but i guess the best way to install is to remove the windshield

1988GTU

Post by 1988GTU »

They are better than the exposed torn up dash by far. The prep work in adhering it to the stock dash is key to a successful install that will last a long time. Since there's no real way to clamp the cap down while the adhesive sets and cures, you will need to place heavy objects strategically on the cap to hold it down in place.

Highly recommend a sunvisor/cover for the cap to prevent it from curling up or lifting during the hot days.

_________
-------------
1988GTU

Post by 1988GTU »

dpmeeks1207 wrote: My dash is in bad shape I hope I can get a cap to install correctly. Ive read you have to cut out the curled up areas so it will lay flat.
Like I had already said. Your prep work is key. Then afterwards, I recommend investing in a windshield UV visor and/or dash mat to lessen the probability of the cap lifting or curling later on down the road.

_________
-------------