GM's New CEO

Feel free to post about anything here, just keep it work safe.
Amateur

GM's New CEO

Post by Amateur »

Mary Bara is going to be CEO of the mighty GM which is really refreshing to see. She's been at GM her whole life. Her dad worked for GM as a die maker for 39 years and she drove a Chevy Chevette throughout college.

Some commentator jokingly said that she would bring pink cars back. Little did he know, people are serious for pink cars lol!

With the end of government ownership in GM yesterday, I really look forward to what she can do.

Koots

Re: GM's New CEO

Post by Koots »

Awesome, I love yours and the other guys reply LOL

The new GM could be a good thing, but only time will tell :D

DOHC_tuner

Post by DOHC_tuner »

GM just needs to stop making models then killing them. There is no tradition in this, and yes it does affect value on their cars.

Yes it worked back in the day when Ford only offered the Model T but times have changed. People want cars that hold tradition and value. Thus aswell GM must improve quality. They make great cars and engines. I love the GM cars....but the lack of quality and knowing they will just kill that model in a few years doesnt help people's insterest. So it does not appeal to many buyers.

Ford and Dodge have realized this thus they are bringing back there old models instead of looking in the dictionary for another model name like GM does.

Rettax3

Post by Rettax3 »

DOHC_tuner wrote:GM just needs to stop making models then killing them. There is no tradition in this, and yes it does affect value on their cars.
Yes it worked back in the day when Ford only offered the Model T but times have changed. People want cars that hold tradition and value. Thus aswell GM must improve quality. They make great cars and engines. I love the GM cars....but the lack of quality and knowing they will just kill that model in a few years doesnt help people's insterest. So it does not appeal to many buyers.
Ford and Dodge have realized this thus they are bringing back there old models instead of looking in the dictionary for another model name like GM does.
Well said. I think it is good to get a fresh name on the sales-floor from time to time, but people want something familiar too, and I also push for tradition over new. But then, I don't plan on being in the market for a new car, ever. I want the cheap old car that can be brought back with some time and attention. So I am really NOT the demographic GM wants to target... :pardon:

1989 SuperCharged 3800 Srs-II (First)Six-Speed GTU
1990 Turbo 3.4 5-Speed T-Type
1990 4.0L 4-Cam 32-Valve V-8 5-Speed Indy GTi (Project)
1990 Stock(!) 3.1 MPFI Auto Indy
1995 LA1/L82 4T60E Z-26
1995 3.4 DOHC Turbo 5-Speed Z-26
3X00-Modified
Administrator

Post by 3X00-Modified »

Aw comeon you should have used THIS photo to properly represent a PINK beretta...
Attachments
307910_10152209579920285_908775350_n.jpg

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
bonecrrusher

Post by bonecrrusher »

My biggest issue is the death blow to Holden - there goes GM's awesome RWD cars from down under.

2005 Chevrolet Corvette Z51
2005 GMC Sierra 2500HD
2014 Chevy SS
Amateur

Post by Amateur »

Aw comeon you should have used THIS photo to properly represent a PINK beretta...
I wanted to convey GM raspberry as a friendly color; If the general commentariot saw that photo, it would intimidate and strike the fear of terror upon their very souls. Would someone please think of the children?!
GM just needs to stop making models then killing them. There is no tradition in this, and yes it does affect value on their cars.

Yep yep yeppers, I'm right there with you. Nostalgia and tradition is a powerful force to reckon with when it comes to consumers. The only reason Ford killed off the Taurus nameplate for a few years was that the company figured that nameplate was irreversibly damaged in the public eye as the car was being sold to rental fleets + Ford's lack of investment and neglect in the car took its toll in the marketplace. Only through Ford's CEO Alan Mullaly, did he order them to bring the Taurus name back.
My biggest issue is the death blow to Holden - there goes GM's awesome RWD cars from down under.
It truly sucks that they're axing Holden but they have the right Idea. As a brand, Holden doesn't sell enough volume to justify its existence. The bottom line is that if a marque doesn't make money for the parent company, there's no point in keeping it around. Ford is no longer making the Falcon either for the same reason; especially since they are replacing it with the Mustang coming 2015 model year. Holden survived as long as it did thanks to government subsidies in order to protect jobs. Now that the well is dried up...adios Holden.

bonecrrusher

Post by bonecrrusher »

Truth - pretty sure we are going to be in FWD Mustang's and Camaros soon!

2005 Chevrolet Corvette Z51
2005 GMC Sierra 2500HD
2014 Chevy SS
woody90gtz

Post by woody90gtz »

91 "SS" - WOT 3400/5spd - 13.29@101.6 - World's fastest N/A FWD Beretta
96 "T56" LS/6spd/8.8 RWD swap - 13.45@104.7 lol
GEARHEAD dezign youtube
Koots

Post by Koots »

bonecrrusher wrote:Truth - pretty sure we are going to be in FWD Mustang's and Camaros soon!
So are all cars going to get 10 make up mirrors, mood based Adele-on-demand, Koala-brand Baby changing statons on the rear seats and dry cleaning in the trunk too? :crazy:

:beer: I'm just giving you a hard time for blatant sexism :friends:

woody90gtz

Post by woody90gtz »

Actually I think he's referring to the death of Holden, where a lot of the RWD platforms come from.

G8's suck anyway though. :ROFL:

GEARHEAD dezign youtube
Koots

Post by Koots »

Yeah, that makes way more sense, but I was still just being silly, regardless :D

DOHC_tuner

Post by DOHC_tuner »

bonecrrusher wrote:Truth - pretty sure we are going to be in FWD Mustang's and Camaros soon!
LOL.

I could see stupid GM doing this. Heck they absolutly killed the Monte Carlo. The Monte Carlo is now a complete Joke....or and a big fat boat. I could see a FWD Camaro 2.2L 4 cylinder OHV LN2 coming out of GM. GM is stupid like that so its understandable.

I could even believe them making all there cars FWD....even the Corvette!

No honestly the Corvette seems to be the only car they focus and dont kill. Finally they upgraded the interior.

GM needs a new respectable small coupe 4 cylinder. The Cobalt SS/TC was it...but the killed that. Improve on what you make GM....not rename it and start all over again.

And the Sonic RS???? ReallY?

woody90gtz

Post by woody90gtz »

Yeah, if they kill Buick as expected...make a 2.0T Cruze to replace the Verano. It would probably take them one day to shuffle equipment in the factory to do it. haha

GEARHEAD dezign youtube
1988GTU

Post by 1988GTU »

I could see her paying attention to minivans and crossovers than anything else. Long live the aztek V2 and Transports!

_________
-------------