Yellow Indy Beretta, looking for parts?

Keep this to general Beretta/Board/Community topics.
indyyellow

Yellow Indy Beretta, looking for parts?

Post by indyyellow »

There is one in the Cincy Pull and Pay. Seats are 8 on a 1-10 scale. Truck carpets is all there, nice spare tire cover, doors, trunk, all sheet metal is good. They fubarred the side ground effects when they put the car up on rims. They would have been nice. Sunroof is nice, orig rims all there, prob a 7 on 1-10. Is a 5 speed car. Motor is shot as it used to be for sale here and the motor was explained to have a knock. Made me sick that this car made it into the yard. The windows are DOWN so the seats wont last long.
Look for Yellow Indy stuff???

Tim

---2005 Magnum RT -- 116k
---1996 Ford Probe GT (V6/5sp) -- 150k (90k on motor)
---1993 Chevy Silverado Z71 -- 261k
indygurl

Re: Yellow Indy Beretta, looking for parts?

Post by indygurl »

That's the one with the Hood gone isn't it?

My 1990 Chevrolet Beretta Indy 3.1L 3 Speed Auto
SummitBalt08

Post by SummitBalt08 »

I have been to that yard many many times.. I am about an hour and a half away. They must have just got that in, last time I checked their site they only had a 95 in there.. now theres 2 95s and a 90. Did you grab the mirrors and front lip if they are good? Usually those are easy sellers

-Shawn
Been on the Beretta Forums since '04
94 Black Quad 5 spd Z26 ->3500 6 spd ZR6

Bfests '11,'12,'14
July 2012 Bnet Calendar
MY91GT(Z)

Post by MY91GT(Z) »

I need the axles if someone willing to grab them please

indyyellow

Post by indyyellow »

All sheet metal is there. Appears only the radiator and some motor stuff has been taken. Interior is there seats are nice, typical drivers left side seat bolster is worn but no rips. I think the seats with little work will be really nice for someone. It had great ground affects until they put it up on rims. The orig rims are still on it with center covers still there. Good sunroof with good hardware for it still there. Pulled down the rear seats and the trunk carpet was all there, looked good. Rear tail lenses are in good shape, not cracked, etc. Back bumper cover was nice. I think the plastics in the motor area that covered the core support to bumper is gone. I could kick myself on this one cause last fall this car was for sale locally for like 800 bucks and did not look at it then. I was told that everything worked but that the motor has a knock. It is a 5SP. Digital speedo that I was told was not working well at all. The door panels were clean, the pass one the top corner at back of door was pulling off. Sadly they left the windows DOWN so the elements are going to kill the seats. I may go grab things next weekend. Rear spoiler is good if I recall. The Head board seemed to be in good shape if you are looking for one for your sunroof car. The rims were pretty good. I do not recall any bad curb rash. Mirrors are still on the car, the front bumper is there still also.
Once these cars get put in these yard can one buy it BACK from them????

Tim

MY91GT(Z)

Post by MY91GT(Z) »

Depends on the yard you would have to ask

indygurl

Post by indygurl »

My question still unanswered. Hood or no Hood? I think this is the one you posted on the Facebook site a while back right?

indyyellow

Post by indyyellow »

It has a hood. I don't recall putting this car on FB.

Tim

indygurl

Post by indygurl »

OK maybe it was different one. Is the Hood in good shape? If so i may be willing to make a trip to pick it up.

Rettax3

Post by Rettax3 »

Really upsetting to me that all these cars seem to be back East, or at least half way there. I need the rims (for my GTU -I would repaint unless they were nicer than my Yellow Indy's, then I would repaint them instead), seats would be great as my Yellow Indy's seats are probably about a five-seven even after stripping them down and washing the covers, and I could always have a spare set of mirrors...

Sunroof, digital, five-speed, yep, I really like my Yellow Indy, but this one has the stats I had been looking for in an Indy, and $800 is what I paid for mine, although mine had a pretty fresh engine in it. If shipping wasn't going to blow it all out of the water, I would ask about pricing on those parts I mentioned, but the S&H will kill it for me, especially on those wheels. I would suggest grabbing the ECU and as much of the wiring under the dash as you can conveniently grab (at least some pig-tails) so someone can convert to digital (the ECU is required to run the speedometer and temp-gauge). Shift-cables if they look good would be a good pull, heck take the whole trans, CVs, pedals, and shifter too. The shift-plate from the center-console would also be on my list, as my Yellow Indy is scheduled for a five-speed swap sometime next century (I need the clutch pedal assembly, shifter, and cables first though). Grr, I would be at that yard myself if I didn't need a week of travel-time to get there and back... :no:

1989 SuperCharged 3800 Srs-II (First)Six-Speed GTU
1990 Turbo 3.4 5-Speed T-Type
1990 4.0L 4-Cam 32-Valve V-8 5-Speed Indy GTi (Project)
1990 Stock(!) 3.1 MPFI Auto Indy
1995 LA1/L82 4T60E Z-26
1995 3.4 DOHC Turbo 5-Speed Z-26