camaro door speaker cutting out when braking

Feel free to post about anything here, just keep it work safe.
themadness

camaro door speaker cutting out when braking

Post by themadness »

could that be a grounding issue? sometimes it cuts completely out and sometimes only partially. i just replaced the speakers yesterday, which was surprisingly easy, so i know its not the speaker itself. it did it with the blown factory ones as well.

Styluss
Global Moderator

Re: camaro door speaker cutting out when braking

Post by Styluss »

Loose wire would be my guess. When you brake it's moving it in the manner that disconnects it.

1989 GTU - The Nice Car
1989 GTU Mock - The Neglected Car
1989 Base Model - The Rally Car
Rettax3

Post by Rettax3 »

Or it could be shorting-out on the brake-pedal arm, if the wires were moved around under the dash... :search:

1989 SuperCharged 3800 Srs-II (First)Six-Speed GTU
1990 Turbo 3.4 5-Speed T-Type
1990 4.0L 4-Cam 32-Valve V-8 5-Speed Indy GTi (Project)
1990 Stock(!) 3.1 MPFI Auto Indy
1995 LA1/L82 4T60E Z-26
1995 3.4 DOHC Turbo 5-Speed Z-26
themadness

Post by themadness »

Rettax3 wrote:Or it could be shorting-out on the brake-pedal arm, if the wires were moved around under the dash... :search:
i did some digging around under there today and found nothing. jiggled wires, pressed the brake, and even pounded the dash a little to see if i could replicate what happens at random while driving. no dough on that idea.

i have tried to find a map of all the grounds that could cause overall electrical issues as well with no luck. i also get power steering whine, flickering dash lights, and a slight buck on ignition when its cold outside. i'm wondering if all those are somehow related. i love my camaro but......damn i miss a beretta!