Good day mates!

Keep this to general Beretta/Board/Community topics.

Good day mates!

Post by Guest »

Hello everyone at Bnet!  My names Rob, and I just recently had the luck? of becoming the owner of a 89 GT.  I've always been an import enthusist, but I'm not a domestic hater.  I appreciate all things automotive!  Unfortunately for me I've been through some tough times since last summer, so I've been unable to get anything going automotively.  In fact I was daily driving a 84 Caprice Classic that I wouldn't wish upon the worst of my enemies, 8 miles to the gallon and roughly just as many break downs to the mile!  So it was amazing when my gf's Uncle told me he would sell me his Beretta for a hundred bucks.  He was the original owner and even had every last bit of paper work down to that cool sheet they stick on the window with all of your cars info when you buy it (dont know what those are called) The problem with the car was as stated to me, it stalls when it gets heated up.  I immediately figured it was the TCC, and sure enough unplugging it fixed the problem.  Needless to say i'm quite smitten with my purchase.  It's ironic, because after meeting this cool cat out on Gratiot last summer, I traded my z28 for a Cavalier and a Beretta, with intentions of doing a 3400 swap to the Beretta. I never did get to do it, and well I find it interesting that I've ended up with a Berreta again.  I was impressed by the 3400 when that aformentioned cool cat crushed my TPI 305 z28 without ever leaving second gear... I was like, wow how grassroots can you get, I'd be proud to have such a unique "POS" car. I believe his was SC'd and maybe some other goods, but needless to say what really impressed me was when he told me he got his 3.4 for under 400 bucks, and if you know me you know I'm a sucker for budget horsepower! SO anywhoo, I'll try and get some pictures up of my Beretta-poo, and I'll soon be figuring out what the future holds for it! Theres a pull it yourself JY right near here that is infested with GM FWD's. I'm likely going to spend a lot of time there, as I try and figure out what can bolt into what between L bodies, J bodies, and all those other puppies!

So, glad to meet all of you fine L body fans!

Ribz80

Good day mates!

Post by Ribz80 »

Hahah, sounds like you ran into Scott McGavinZ26 who posts on here.  He has a black Z26 with a 3400/5spd and M90 SC and lives in the Detroit area.  He would be the one to put the hurt on your F-body.

91' GT  SOLD
99' Saab Viggen Stg-4 315hp- in European Car Magazine  7/2006

Good day mates!

Post by Guest »

well if he was missing a hood and swapped from an auto to a 5speed then it was indeed him.  I don't know if I'll ever get the funds or know how to do a 3400 swap, but from what I've read/heard it seems somewhat possible! Hopefully I'll talk to this mcgavin fellow!

mcgavinz26

Good day mates!

Post by mcgavinz26 »

I'm still around somewhat, still got the car at least.  mcgavinvz26@sbcglobal.net is the email if you want to talk about car stuff

http://www.speedlimit88.com
1994 Z26 - 3400, 5spd, supercharged, propane, megasquirt - RIP
1988 Fiero GT - 5psd, LX9, M90, Megasquirt
1999 Buick Regal GS -daily driver