some one school me on abs and "low trac" systems....

Feel free to post about anything here, just keep it work safe.
themadness

some one school me on abs and "low trac" systems....

Post by themadness »

so my 96 camaro has the "low trac" light coming on intermittently because of a wheel speed sensor that is on its way out. i have tried cleaning it and dont have the funds to have it replaced. i was told the hub itself would have to be changed. when i brake the abs actuates and the light comes on(doesnt do it at every stop just seems to be finicky). is there anyway to disable it until i can get the funds to have it fixed properly? maybe pull a fuse?

Cliff8928
Administrator

Re: some one school me on abs and "low trac" systems....

Post by Cliff8928 »

unplug the sensor, this will cause your ABS and traction control (if applicable) light to be on all the time, but they won't activate.

Cliff Scott
themadness

Post by themadness »

just the one or both(one on each side). there is also a speed sensor in the back but i dont think it is the same as the front two

Cliff8928
Administrator

Post by Cliff8928 »

Just one should do fine, it just needs to have a bad reading then the system will disable.

Cliff Scott
BerettaLove32

Post by BerettaLove32 »

You also have a 96 Camaro with ABS and traction control problems? lol. I just bought one that has both lights on but I'm pretty sure it's because the previous owner put a bigger rear gear in it. I've read on the Camaro forums that a burnt of third brake light can cause it and a dirty or bad ground wire coming off your battery. Take the wire off, sand it down smooth and put it back on. They're worth trying as well since they are cheap and easy.