Re: Who owns this car?

Post by 1988GTU »

Yes, pics of your car.

_________
-------------
Money pit Beretta

Post by Money pit Beretta »

What about the rear sub frame up by the shock mounts?

keep'em flying!
SuzukiGhostRider

Post by SuzukiGhostRider »

Perfect shape.

Asylum

Post by Asylum »

Time for a new thread or PM's??

Eric

Asylum Motorsports
"Where we're not happy 'til YOU'RE not happy!

'91 California Quad (Gone with just a bit of "Seller's Remorse".)
'92 3500 GT gone and not really missed. It was fun. Documented 13.47 N/A.
SuzukiGhostRider

No point. Neither of these guys is going to buy my car ( no offense fellas, I just know that to be true) , they're just asking curiosity questions is my take.

1988GTU

Post by 1988GTU »

I was blunt with my reasoning for the pics. It can only aid in helping your sale as well. Keep that in mind.

_________
-------------
1988GTU

Post by 1988GTU »

SuzukiGhostRider wrote:Neither of these guys is going to buy my car.
When I WAS looking and then DID purchase a Beretta, this one would have been a possible purchase.. IF it were available at that time. It was not, and that wont change anything now.

_________
-------------
Money pit Beretta

Out of state is about the only choice that I have. Problem with that is if I buy something it would have to be shipped. Sight unseen buying does not bring alot of comfort. Always makes me think I will end up thinking that I should have kept the old rust bucket.
Better just put other things on hold, get the car out, check it over and then go from there.

keep'em flying!
SuzukiGhostRider

I have purchased most of my cars out of state via Cl ads. You just learn what to ask to mitigate your risk and to accept the small risk (once you've asked all the right questions and whittled it down pretty good) for the trip. Hell, you guys recall , I drove all the way to SLC , Utah for this car, sight unseen.

Anyway, this car is likely sold. Waiting to receive the deposit tomorrow or the next day and it's going to a guy in Colorado. I tried to give the community first crack but I can't wait forever to get it sold. I have things and plans on hold until it does.

Money pit Beretta

Always with me I'm too early or wait too long.
Anyway, thanks for the supportive post SGR.

keep'em flying!
SuzukiGhostRider

I meant to slight no one, but the fact is, the excuses and "oh if it was only closer" , "I wish I had the money right now", etc,etc, within this community wear thin. No one wants an item to be for sale forever or be lowballed.

Fact is , like any sale, first cash, first serve.

The guy buying the car deserves it , imo. He's paying me closer to what it's worth than any of the lowballers who want a rebuilt car in great shape , but want to pay clunker prices. I'm getting $3k for the car provided he doesn't end up backing out , like most buyers of cars these days....

SuzukiGhostRider

1988GTU wrote:
SuzukiGhostRider wrote:Neither of these guys is going to buy my car.
When I WAS looking and then DID purchase a Beretta, this one would have been a possible purchase.. IF it were available at that time. It was not, and that wont change anything now.

Not sure when you were buying, but this car has been for sale for some time, at least the last 4 or 5 months.

1988GTU

Post by 1988GTU »

About 10 months and greater time ago. Probably woulda been better off waiting until now to buy, but the bug to buy wasnt lettin up. :D

_________
-------------
Money pit Beretta

SuzukiGhostRider wrote:I meant to slight no one, but the fact is, the excuses and "oh if it was only closer" , "I wish I had the money right now", etc,etc, within this community wear thin. No one wants an item to be for sale forever or be lowballed.

Fact is , like any sale, first cash, first serve.

The guy buying the car deserves it , imo. He's paying me closer to what it's worth than any of the lowballers who want a rebuilt car in great shape , but want to pay clunker prices. I'm getting $3k for the car provided he doesn't end up backing out , like most buyers of cars these days....
I've said those things many times. Just to cover my butt: I buy a car to fix/build/use. Only once have I thought about selling a "good" car. To date I've sold one and that was after a 3.5k engine build that spun three rod bearings at 1,500k(no I didn't build it).
That is why I get so picky and stall. Just can't wrap my mind around buying a car and a year later putting it up for sale(pointing no fingers there, it would take many).
:)

keep'em flying!
SuzukiGhostRider

I've had this one about 2 1/2 years now. However, I've got a bad habit... I find them broke and in need of attention, get them fixed up proper right.... Then get bored and sell them to move on to the next hopeless case... :P