HELP: Anyone ever swap out the speakers for BOSE?

For all those little gadgets that make driving your car more fun and convienent. Big subs, screaming tweets? Got an amp that's on the way out? Need some recommendations? Then this is the place to ask.
Koots

Re: HELP: Anyone ever swap out the speakers for BOSE?

Post by Koots »

Alpine still have a decent reputation on audio forums, for the money they cost. There are better choices out there, but trying to get an answer out of the Car Audio guys like that only leads to trolling and bullshit. Some of them are masters at what they do and have a lot of knowledge, but most are just crap-head kids giving out bad advice and talking crap on every brand that isn't the most expensive or one that they didn't buy. It's actually one of the most childish automotive forum subjects I've ever witnessed and I'm a member at Honda-Tech. They give everyone in the import community a bad name and I don't think they'll ever smarten up.

Koots

Post by Koots »

You can't go wrong with higher end Alpine 6.5's, JL-Audio's, Rockford Fosgate or Polk seem to be solid choices (use adaptors for them, because oval speakers are a compromise for extra cone area, but aren't as focused as 6.5's can be)

I hear good things about Image Dynamics speakers as well, but can be a bit pricey. They seem to be favorites in some circles.

3X00-Modified
Administrator

Post by 3X00-Modified »

I still have my JL W0's 10" subs in my beretta... never treated me wrong. And all my electronics are Alpine and the speakers are OLD! Boston Acoustics 6x9 and 4x6 IIRC.

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
timgerman

Post by timgerman »

I ended up putting JL Audio speakers in front and back in the factory locations with a Kenwood HD Radio unit and it sounds amazing. Just thought I'd share that.

In my Cavalier i put in Alpine 6x9 in the rear and kickers in the front with the same HD Radio unit and it doesnt sound as good as the JL Audio.

'95 Z26 Black