Just Bought My First Beretta ('94 Z26), any ideas for mods?

Tell us about your Beretta and Post an Image
tyeira_94_z26

Just Bought My First Beretta ('94 Z26), any ideas for mods?

Post by tyeira_94_z26 »

New member here, just bought my first vehicle in 6 years, a '94 Z26, found it on Craigslist for $500. It's a little rough around the edges now, but hopefully you guys can suggest some mods for me.
Attachments
Yes, it's high mileage (current 178,471 miles(!))
Yes, it's high mileage (current 178,471 miles(!))
Body is a little rusty (surface rust)
Body is a little rusty (surface rust)

MY91GT(Z)

Re: Just Bought My First Beretta ('94 Z26), any ideas for mo

Post by MY91GT(Z) »

Not bad where u from??? Doesnt look rusty at all

93 GT cammed 3500 TORSEN, headers,intake,wilwood,poly/delrin mounts, 2.5 S.S,Exhaust,dickman kits,GTUspoiler,Euro headlights-tails-mirrors-fender flares-spoiler,Intrax/Koni,91+blk interior,rr disk swap,s.s.clutch line
3X00-Modified
Administrator

Post by 3X00-Modified »

Start with inspecting the undercarriage... I know it's not what you want to hear but if the rockers are rusted out, or the rear spring perches are in bad condition than any "mods" you do to this car will be a complete waste of money. Trust me, been there done that and had to find a rust free car to swap my hard work to. Now I know it will last.

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
DanteGTZ

Post by DanteGTZ »

This car came from Asheville, right? I texted the owner about it but he wouldn't send pics... :(

1993 Quasar Quad4 GTZ - Project WTF

Previous Berettas: 90 GT, 93 Quasar GTZ, 93 Garnet GTZ, 93 Aqua GT
Squeeze

Post by Squeeze »

Nice car, mine was a craigslist find too. And yeah these cars rust, mine has a little on the rockers but for what It's main purpose as a commuter car I'll be okay with it.

3X00-Modified
Administrator

Post by 3X00-Modified »

Try to stop whats there now because a little visible rust on the rockers means quite a bit on the inside of the rocker. They rot from the inside out in that area and will go quick. Trust me I can see the ground through the rockers on my old 95.

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
themixer

Post by themixer »

exactly what he said ^^^^^^ L bodies rust like crazy

tyeira_94_z26

Post by tyeira_94_z26 »

Yes, this car is in Asheville, I live just 20 minutes north of Asheville (Weaverville). I just got it home last night, wasn't able to inspect the undercarriage as of yet due to the snow we're getting (woke up to my Beretta covered in about a foot of snow, pix coming soon). I do know that there is surface rust on the roof, as well as the hood (which I want to replace with a cowl hood eventually). The interior could use a bit of cleaning up, the carpet has to be replaced due to a driver's side leak (which is really not bad at all), and the trunk needs a new trunk liner and trunk seal due to it sitting under that tree. It runs and handles pretty well so far to have 178.5k miles on it, save for the power surges I experienced bringing it home (don't worry, shopping for a battery now). I thought the front tires were completely bald but they seem to have a decent amount of tread left. All electrical functions work, original cassette player included, and the owner's manual still has the original Chevrolet cassette tape in the flap. Now, if I can disable the door lock safety issue, that'd be great...

tyeira_94_z26

Post by tyeira_94_z26 »

DanteGTZ wrote:This car came from Asheville, right? I texted the owner about it but he wouldn't send pics... :(
Yes. And I love it so far. He originally wanted $600 for it but I talked him down to $500

tyeira_94_z26

Post by tyeira_94_z26 »

More pics of the Beretta. These are random shots of the condition of exterior and interior, as well as one of the engine bay and one of the rear undercarriage (the only look I could get so far). I apopogise for the orientation of some photos, it's freezing outside.
Attachments
Passenger Side view
Passenger Side view
Tried to get the rear seats (yes, that is spare parts, the automatic transmission gasket and automatic transmission filter from AC Delco, BNIP)
Tried to get the rear seats (yes, that is spare parts, the automatic transmission gasket and automatic transmission filter from AC Delco, BNIP)
Interior (Notice the driver side carpet condition. It's a little rough. And the driver side left bolster rip is the only flaw, save for the stain on the passenger seat cushion area.)
Interior (Notice the driver side carpet condition. It's a little rough. And the driver side left bolster rip is the only flaw, save for the stain on the passenger seat cushion area.)
Engine Bay (yes, I know, but at least it runs right now) LOL
Engine Bay (yes, I know, but at least it runs right now) LOL
In front of my house when I woke up this morning
In front of my house when I woke up this morning

tyeira_94_z26

Post by tyeira_94_z26 »

Well, after a brief analysis of my Beretta, I've narrowed my findings to the following maintenance issues:
1) Tune Up/Oil Change
2) Serpentine Belt Replacement
3) Battery
4) Front Tires

tyeira_94_z26

Post by tyeira_94_z26 »

Late Pics (these include the rear undercarriage only, the front is too low for me to take a peek due to front bumper), get it legal Wednesday morning (payday) :)
Attachments
Rear Bumper Shot
Rear Bumper Shot
Driver Side View
Driver Side View
Undercarriage view from rear
Undercarriage view from rear

tyeira_94_z26

Post by tyeira_94_z26 »

Squeeze wrote:Nice car, mine was a craigslist find too. And yeah these cars rust, mine has a little on the rockers but for what It's main purpose as a commuter car I'll be okay with it.
Yeah, I noticed that. Surface rust affected the following areas of mine:
1) Hood.
2)Various areas of rooftop.
3) "C" pillar right above right rear window.

But you're right. I guess that's just the joys of owning a Beretta, right?

1988GTU

Post by 1988GTU »

u didnt take any pictures of the rocker panels underside or door jams. Any pics of the spring perches would be entertaining too...

_________
-------------
tyeira_94_z26

Post by tyeira_94_z26 »

1988GTU wrote:u didnt take any pictures of the rocker panels underside or door jams. Any pics of the spring perches would be entertaining too...
I will take those pics tomorrow, I get my tags, inspection, and title transfer then, I can't wait to finally get her on the road!