1996 Mr.Pink

Tell us about your Beretta and Post an Image
User avatar
3X00-Modified
Administrator
Posts: 10664
Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2007 9:18 am
Location: Plainfield CT
Has thanked: 12 times
Been thanked: 46 times

Re: 1996 Mr.Pink

Postby 3X00-Modified » Tue Oct 28, 2014 12:10 pm

If you think about it you have more torque/hp on demand than I do with the SC, so it may just be the increased constant power that did it.

They still have not replied to me yet. I will try to call them tomorrow when I have more time available, getting kinda pissed that no one is responding to inquiries online or their email.



User avatar
Money pit Beretta
Registered User
Posts: 6353
Joined: Thu Jul 26, 2007 11:36 am
Location: Kansas
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 8 times

Re: 1996 Mr.Pink

Postby Money pit Beretta » Tue Oct 28, 2014 6:50 pm

I'll look around the site for your write up.


keep'em flying!

User avatar
heavywoody
Global Moderator
Posts: 1848
Joined: Sun Nov 03, 2002 4:10 pm
Location: Concord, NC
Has thanked: 8 times
Been thanked: 15 times
Contact:

Re: 1996 Mr.Pink

Postby heavywoody » Wed Oct 29, 2014 7:37 am

Not to thread jack, but this is on the main page and has been there for years: Z51 Rear Sway Bar Install http://www.beretta.net/?page_id=44


Geoff
95 Z26 3400 5spd
Beretta Preservation Society - Director of Acquisitions
Image

User avatar
3X00-Modified
Administrator
Posts: 10664
Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2007 9:18 am
Location: Plainfield CT
Has thanked: 12 times
Been thanked: 46 times

Re: 1996 Mr.Pink

Postby 3X00-Modified » Wed Oct 29, 2014 8:34 am

That is a Z51 install though and it's straight forward... I will say it doesn't call out the things you need to do to make the addco fit a 95+



MY91GT(Z)
Registered User
Posts: 1204
Joined: Sun Mar 12, 2006 12:11 am
Location: Rochester New York
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 3 times
Contact:

Re: 1996 Mr.Pink

Postby MY91GT(Z) » Thu Oct 30, 2014 9:32 pm

Time to look into Rodney 5 speed swap it can handle.power just fine without having to jeep tearing apart these autos


94 Z26 parted/scrapped. 93 GT EP LSD, headers,intake,poly/delrin mounts, 2.5 S.S,Exhaust,dickman kits,GTUspoiler,Euro headlights-tails-mirrors-fender flares,Intrax/Koni,91+blk interior, d&s rotors,rr disk swap,s.s.clutch line

User avatar
3X00-Modified
Administrator
Posts: 10664
Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2007 9:18 am
Location: Plainfield CT
Has thanked: 12 times
Been thanked: 46 times

Re: 1996 Mr.Pink

Postby 3X00-Modified » Fri Oct 31, 2014 5:41 am

This car will never be a 5 speed... And this could happen if I were to get a bum clutch too... Same idea.

Time to start proof reading your posts too, that one is very hard to read and understand what you mean... I still don't understand Rodney 5 speed swap



User avatar
Money pit Beretta
Registered User
Posts: 6353
Joined: Thu Jul 26, 2007 11:36 am
Location: Kansas
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 8 times

Re: 1996 Mr.Pink

Postby Money pit Beretta » Fri Oct 31, 2014 7:19 am

heavywoody wrote:Not to thread jack, but this is on the main page and has been there for years: Z51 Rear Sway Bar Install http://www.beretta.net/?page_id=44

:fool: Have the main page in my favorites, just didn't think to look there.


keep'em flying!

User avatar
3X00-Modified
Administrator
Posts: 10664
Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2007 9:18 am
Location: Plainfield CT
Has thanked: 12 times
Been thanked: 46 times

Re: 1996 Mr.Pink

Postby 3X00-Modified » Wed Nov 12, 2014 9:41 am

Woody... You might have to make me a new plaque for the back of my car since it will no longer be a 3X00.... Full 3500 is imminent...

Just purchased the Internal 3500 Crank trigger wheel so I can run it on my ECU... Now to pick up the 3500 from the yard sometime. I also have the external trigger so I can use whichever I want but I'd rather have the internal one to lessen the crap bolted to the side of the motor that could also move on me.



User avatar
Slinky
Registered User
Posts: 917
Joined: Wed Jul 29, 2009 9:27 pm
Been thanked: 4 times

Re: 1996 Mr.Pink

Postby Slinky » Wed Nov 12, 2014 12:07 pm

3X00-Modified wrote:Woody... You might have to make me a new plaque for the back of my car since it will no longer be a 3X00.... Full 3500 is imminent...

Just purchased the Internal 3500 Crank trigger wheel so I can run it on my ECU... Now to pick up the 3500 from the yard sometime. I also have the external trigger so I can use whichever I want but I'd rather have the internal one to lessen the crap bolted to the side of the motor that could also move on me.


Ill take your old plaque Jon :wink:

And whats the reasoning for going full 3500 if you don't mind me asking?


1 Of 1 Street Legal Centri S/c Beretta's In Existance

User avatar
3X00-Modified
Administrator
Posts: 10664
Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2007 9:18 am
Location: Plainfield CT
Has thanked: 12 times
Been thanked: 46 times

Re: 1996 Mr.Pink

Postby 3X00-Modified » Wed Nov 12, 2014 12:12 pm

I want the compression bump mostly and the displacement will hopefully help... I want 13's n/a again.. I'm so close at 14.2-14.1 but since brake upgrades and converter changes and such I am just a tiny bit away.

And on top of all of that my rings/pistons are from 2005... They are all original... Never changed. So it was rebuild the 3400 from ground up or get a 3500 and balance it and rebuild that instead.. I think it's time to try it out.

I'm probably going to hate myself when it comes to figuring out AC mounting and I can't imagine the rear mount would be all that hard to modify owning a plasma cutter now...



User avatar
Slinky
Registered User
Posts: 917
Joined: Wed Jul 29, 2009 9:27 pm
Been thanked: 4 times

Re: 1996 Mr.Pink

Postby Slinky » Wed Nov 12, 2014 12:21 pm

3X00-Modified wrote:I want the compression bump mostly and the displacement will hopefully help... I want 13's n/a again.. I'm so close at 14.2-14.1 but since brake upgrades and converter changes and such I am just a tiny bit away.

And on top of all of that my rings/pistons are from 2005... They are all original... Never changed. So it was rebuild the 3400 from ground up or get a 3500 and balance it and rebuild that instead.. I think it's time to try it out.

I'm probably going to hate myself when it comes to figuring out AC mounting and I can't imagine the rear mount would be all that hard to modify owning a plasma cutter now...


The 3500 is a better design obviously, i did not know if you were going that route since i did not know if you were going forged or not, but stock pistons ect. yeah it makes sense now..
I kinda want to make my a/c work again but i would have to rear mount my oil coolers or something.. SS Braided line is just toooo espensiveee..


1 Of 1 Street Legal Centri S/c Beretta's In Existance

User avatar
3X00-Modified
Administrator
Posts: 10664
Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2007 9:18 am
Location: Plainfield CT
Has thanked: 12 times
Been thanked: 46 times

Re: 1996 Mr.Pink

Postby 3X00-Modified » Wed Nov 12, 2014 12:25 pm

Forged would be nice but I haven't broke a piston yet to justify it... :) That is also just so friken expensive unless you can nab some unused re-selling pistons but odds of that are very slim. Plus if I'm going that route I'd want them to slightly bump up the compression as well, meaning I would probably want a very specific piston.

Might also be time for Cometic gaskets :)



User avatar
Slinky
Registered User
Posts: 917
Joined: Wed Jul 29, 2009 9:27 pm
Been thanked: 4 times

Re: 1996 Mr.Pink

Postby Slinky » Wed Nov 12, 2014 12:27 pm

3X00-Modified wrote:Forged would be nice but I haven't broke a piston yet to justify it... :) That is also just so friken expensive unless you can nab some unused re-selling pistons but odds of that are very slim. Plus if I'm going that route I'd want them to slightly bump up the compression as well, meaning I would probably want a very specific piston.

Might also be time for Cometic gaskets :)


Im also curious to why you don't shave the heads or deck the block or change head gasket thickness to get the compression you want


1 Of 1 Street Legal Centri S/c Beretta's In Existance

User avatar
3X00-Modified
Administrator
Posts: 10664
Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2007 9:18 am
Location: Plainfield CT
Has thanked: 12 times
Been thanked: 46 times

Re: 1996 Mr.Pink

Postby 3X00-Modified » Wed Nov 12, 2014 12:38 pm

Because I already hit the piston with my exhaust valve now when the chain stretched... I tighten up that by decking anything and then I have to dimple the pistons for sure to clear. And you don't gain a bunch of compression when decking the block or heads due to the majority of the CC's being in the piston head, You'd have to shave quite a bit for it to make a significant difference. The bottom end swap will gain me 0.7 and that's just an estimate, the amount I'd have to shave the heads to see that is insane.



User avatar
Slinky
Registered User
Posts: 917
Joined: Wed Jul 29, 2009 9:27 pm
Been thanked: 4 times

Re: 1996 Mr.Pink

Postby Slinky » Wed Nov 12, 2014 5:24 pm

Yeah I did not know how much cr you wanted to gain, it looks like you want 10:1
I believe mine is 9.8:1 with the decking ect and I still have the huge total of .015 clearance haha


1 Of 1 Street Legal Centri S/c Beretta's In Existance


Return to “Members Rides”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 9 guests