94 Z26 3.1 Right Hand Upper Motor Mount

Have a flashing light? Gauges acting funny? Bad idle? Get your problems solved...
clayman612

94 Z26 3.1 Right Hand Upper Motor Mount

Post by clayman612 »

Hey guys I hit a curb last tuesday on the passenger side have take it to shop in the morning I know for a fact the upper motor mount is ripped it looks likle this
Attachments
And does this insert fit into the mount from the other picture because this insert is all anybody Rockauto,Napa,Carquest etc is showing for the above said car Autozone Has the only that remotlely looks like my mount it is a Duralast 15274 or A5274 Please help me I even have a GM dealer Book for my car and it does not give a part number which I found all motor mounts from GM are discontinued for my car
And does this insert fit into the mount from the other picture because this insert is all anybody Rockauto,Napa,Carquest etc is showing for the above said car Autozone Has the only that remotlely looks like my mount it is a Duralast 15274 or A5274 Please help me I even have a GM dealer Book for my car and it does not give a part number which I found all motor mounts from GM are discontinued for my car
Anchor 2803.jpg (14.1 KiB) Viewed 4889 times
Can some one please help I cannot find the part number for this mount
Can some one please help I cannot find the part number for this mount

I don't know what World War 3 will be fought with but I know that World War 4 will be fought with sticks and stones "Albert Einstein"
Money pit Beretta

Re: 94 Z26 3.1 Right Hand Upper Motor Mount

Post by Money pit Beretta »

Don't quote me but I think you have all the options listed. You could try Nalley GMC, may even get the mount there at a high cost. Sounds like you are not a junk yard kind of guy. That would be the only other way.

keep'em flying!
3X00-Modified
Administrator

Post by 3X00-Modified »

Or just buy it locally... It's not like this is not readily available at Advance Auto Autozone or Napa...

http://shop.advanceautoparts.com/p/anch ... Term=mount

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
clayman612

Post by clayman612 »

3X00-Modified wrote:Or just buy it locally... It's not like this is not readily available at Advance Auto Autozone or Napa...

http://shop.advanceautoparts.com/p/anch ... Term=mount
Man I tell you what when it rains it pours the guy at the shop working on my car says that is the wrong insert can you help he is saying the bracket that goes from the motor side thru the mount has to fit into a slot in the rubber bushing and that 2083 has no slot can you shed some light on this

I don't know what World War 3 will be fought with but I know that World War 4 will be fought with sticks and stones "Albert Einstein"
3X00-Modified
Administrator

Post by 3X00-Modified »

Thats a part that is not included with that insert... You would reuse the rubber part that wraps around the mount...

It's hard to explain... I'll try to get a photo of it tonight.

And this is the right insert, so to be blunt, your mechanic is wrong.

This is a screen shot of the earlier version of this mount. The rubber surround that goes around the sides and top are not part of the insert and IIRC can't even be replaced so you re-use that item and change just the part the bracket bolts to.

Fast forward to 8:27 and have your mechanic watch this video... he'll learn something new ;) Don't do what he does to remove the insert though... Just use a drill bit and you can remove those old collars holding it in.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zsTjQm4-Dsk
Attachments
Mount.jpg

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
clayman612

Post by clayman612 »

3X00-Modified wrote:Thats a part that is not included with that insert... You would reuse the rubber part that wraps around the mount...

It's hard to explain... I'll try to get a photo of it tonight.

And this is the right insert, so to be blunt, your mechanic is wrong.

This is a screen shot of the earlier version of this mount. The rubber surround that goes around the sides and top are not part of the insert and IIRC can't even be replaced so you re-use that item and change just the part the bracket bolts to.

Fast forward to 8:27 and have your mechanic watch this video... he'll learn something new ;) Don't do what he does to remove the insert though... Just use a drill bit and you can remove those old collars holding it in.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zsTjQm4-Dsk
I watched that video already earlier and I set the dealership straight about the 2803 being right .I am screwed because my rubber surround is messed up it is ripped on both of the side pieces look at my post I just left in For sale Wanted and tell me what you think that part is or I talk about in the picture if it is right they only want 8.50 for that part the 2803K by itself

3X00-Modified
Administrator

Post by 3X00-Modified »

Then just get it.

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
clayman612

Post by clayman612 »

3X00-Modified wrote:Then just get it.
no clue if that is the part I need I was hoping you would know maybe you have seen something similar I cannot believe that the little rubber part that is oem for that mount does not fail all the time I surely cannot be the only person with the kinda problem

3X00-Modified
Administrator

Post by 3X00-Modified »

I'm really missing the confusion here... Your stating the top portion of that mount is bad... 2803 does not include that normally, 2803k appears to be that piece from that photo you posted and being the same base number with a K, I can only assume its related to that mount, so just buy it. They don't make a piece that matches what comes out of the older years so you won't ever see one similar to what was in that video if that's what your looking for.

And being in a large group of people with the same problem does not mean that the aftermarket companies have acknowledged that... just look at the door weatherstripping for the windows... GUARANTEED to fail... absolutely NO aftermarket part made specific to replace it.

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
whiteretta

Post by whiteretta »

Yep just a different prefix. Fairly positive the K is just the prefix for the fluid filled mount. I know for the AutoZone brand the prefix was an A for the fluid filled version.

Or maybe it's vise versa, lol. Regardless, don't know why it wouldn't work. Maybe your mechanic just doesn't want to drill it out and wants you to find an assembled unit. It's an easy process, I drilled out the rivets on mine with a burnt out drill, lol.

1994 Chevy Beretta, mild 3500 swap.
https://youtube.com/@MurphRocks86?si=mpCQc0DnEitPx3Jg
clayman612

Post by clayman612 »

He was just confused like I was and everyone else that looked at it it is like an optical illusion it when it is all together it looks like the bracket that bolts to the motor the tang of that where it enters into the motor mount looks like there is a slit in the mount that the tang slides into we were all thinking it was one piece not 2 but that is all squared away now I am just waiting on the top rubber piece which is the 2803k there lower mount that you talking about in there parts list is a 2803h I am assuming h= hydraulic thanks for your input