Beretta fest 2016

Feel free to post about anything here, just keep it work safe.
thirdberetta

Beretta fest 2016

Post by thirdberetta »

Dont think I will be able to attend the fest. I have read the rules about submitting suggestions on the next beretta fest, and since i wont be there, i cant submit. Soooo
I would like someone to submit, Daytona beach, Fl.

Things to do, LOTS
beach, (of course)
Race track, (maybe we could get all beretta's on the track for a photo op.
or maybe make a lap or 2 around. ( that would be AWESOME)
Flea market,
shopping.
lots of great restaurants.
Night life
The bikers seem to know about Daytona, they have bike week there every year.
Did I mention the beach, could get some photos of the members beretta's on the beach.
Cost for driving on the beach 10.00 for an all day pass.
St. Augustine in about 45 min. drive up North I-95
Hopefully someone will submit this idea, at the beretta fest.
Thanks all

3X00-Modified
Administrator

Re: Beretta fest 2016

Post by 3X00-Modified »

I'll applaud your effort for actually attempting to propose a location or trying to get someone to do one, BUT if people are crying about the distance of Mississippi I HIGHLY doubt they will vote for or attend a Daytona Beach location... I'm not saying I wouldn't but then again I drove to CO and voted for it so honestly it doesn't matter where it is to me.

I'm actually fearing the proposals this year since there are very few in attendance... That just kills the on location proposal options... Plus I haven't heard much feedback similar to posts like this regarding any other potential locations and I know for a fact that two of the ones proposed last year those individuals wont even be in attendance this year, so unless they have a proxy presenter I don't see them being re-proposed.

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
heavywoody
Global Moderator

Post by heavywoody »

I know Jorel and Cliff are coming this year, so I'm sure Watkins Glen will be on the table. Maybe 2016 will be the year for NY?

Geoff
95 Z26 Turbo 3400 5spd - R&D Project
Beretta Preservation Society - Director of Acquisitions
themixer

Post by themixer »

YAY! NY! so close

thirdberetta

Post by thirdberetta »

Distance isn't a problem to me, Miss. is a nice little drive from Jacksonville. The problem is, I may be going up north to see the family. Haven't been home since 2009.
So maybe next year, 'the fest'' will be in a good driving distance area for me. Then maybe I will have the Indy in driving condition.
Who knows, been wanting to attend a fest since the first time i was a member, and that was about the time frame of the Colorado fest

3X00-Modified
Administrator

Post by 3X00-Modified »

Just a heads up 2016 will probably return to the central states or more northern area... I'm saying that simply due to the lack of attendance and potential proposals that will be there knowing who's attending. SO this year will probably be the closest to you for a while.

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
Asylum

Post by Asylum »

3X00-Modified wrote:Just a heads up 2016 will probably return to the central states or more northern area... .
Hate to sound like a broken record, BUT that is where most of the membership, (and population) lives.

:beer:

Eric

Asylum Motorsports
"Where we're not happy 'til YOU'RE not happy!

'91 California Quad (Gone with just a bit of "Seller's Remorse".)
'92 3500 GT gone and not really missed. It was fun. Documented 13.47 N/A.
Rettax3

Post by Rettax3 »

I would love to see something West coast for a change (how about a highway 101 trip?), but the fact is that Jon and Eric are spot-on, and the 'Fests have been pretty spread-out recently... Staying towards the home of the majority of the populace this time sounds likely and most fair... :( But out of reach for me again most likely... Some day. Some day. :cry:

1989 SuperCharged 3800 Srs-II (First)Six-Speed GTU
1990 Turbo 3.4 5-Speed T-Type
1990 4.0L 4-Cam 32-Valve V-8 5-Speed Indy GTi (Project)
1990 Stock(!) 3.1 MPFI Auto Indy
1995 LA1/L82 4T60E Z-26
1995 3.4 DOHC Turbo 5-Speed Z-26
BerettaPunk

Post by BerettaPunk »

I've never been to a bfest buts it's always been a dream. Usually I have maimed my beretta before I get a chance to go. :cry:

But now that I have a completely reliable one with my fist one still in the garage prepping for a complete overhaul, I can't wait till one is close enough for me to attend.

I do remember the for being a decent bit more busy. What ever happened to everyone?

92 Beretta
90 GTZ
96 Z26
09 Subawoo Impreza
85 S10 4x4
97 Grand Am (R.I.P.)
03 Cavalier(sold)
90 GT(R.I.P.)
89 Base(R.I.P.)