Suspension lift for my 1994 v6 Chevy Beretta?

Want some new struts? What brand springs to buy? How much camber to run? What brake pads? What's the best setup for your situation....
valinter2005

Suspension lift for my 1994 v6 Chevy Beretta?

Post by valinter2005 »

Would it be possible to do a suspension lift for my 1994 v6 Chevy Beretta? The reason why I'm thinking about having all 4 of the suspensions lifted is because there's this possibility that my sister might use my car for her second year at college in Lubbock where it's prone to floods.

3X00-Modified
Administrator

Re: Suspension lift for my 1994 v6 Chevy Beretta?

Post by 3X00-Modified »

Don't lift a beretta and then expect to be able to drive through flooded areas. If you really believe it is necessary to drive through a flooded road, which is always highly recommend not to do, then go get a purpose built 4x4 vehicle that's high enough originally and has a higher up air intake to prevent hydrolock.

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
ifixalot

Post by ifixalot »

I remember my boss drove through high water in his 76 Buick wagon. The next day the starter wouldn't
work. The water caused the Bendix drive to rust and so it wouldn't engage.
Driving through water is bad unless you have an Amphicar.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amphicar

valinter2005

Post by valinter2005 »

3X00-Modified wrote:Don't lift a beretta and then expect to be able to drive through flooded areas. If you really believe it is necessary to drive through a flooded road, which is always highly recommend not to do, then go get a purpose built 4x4 vehicle that's high enough originally and has a higher up air intake to prevent hydrolock.
Well what I'm referring is driving through a 6 inch flooded area, not close to a foot of flood. I remember a few years back one time I was on my way home driving through the heavy rain, and the battery light started to flash since the engine was getting wet, along with the steering wheel getting almost locked. Luckily I was near at a stop sign and made a quick entrance to higher ground road.

3X00-Modified
Administrator

Post by 3X00-Modified »

I still think this is a very bad idea period... I have no suggestions because I don't agree with what you wish to do.

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
CorvetteBeretta

Post by CorvetteBeretta »

Think how F'd up that would look lol there was one floating around here the guy put a beretta body on a 1500 chasis.

valinter2005

Post by valinter2005 »

3X00-Modified wrote:I still think this is a very bad idea period... I have no suggestions because I don't agree with what you wish to do.
Well I wouldn't suggest my sister to drive when there's a flood. I thought that it would be best to have suspension lifts that was the water doesn't damage either the engine, the transmitter, and or the water seeps inside that leaves the seats/carpet wet.