95 Beretta Z26 for sale

List a Beretta Item for sale
metalhead212121

Re: 95 Beretta Z26 for sale

Post by metalhead212121 »

2.2H8TA wrote:I talked to the owner of this last winter when he had it on craigslist. The hood is a cut factory hood with a cowl scoop from a monte carlo hood. He said it's functional. Also he has done the intakes multiple times. The first times with factory gaskets, but the last time with felpros. He said he learned his lesson. He also claimed to have a bunch of extra parts, and if the car goes the parts do too.

I wouldn't doubt he has extra parts for it. The owner is a very "interesting" guy to say the least....

Money pit Beretta- I'll PM you my cell #.... Really want to talk to you over the phone. I have my reasons. You'll understand why when we talk.

When I get a chance I'll take some pics of the underside of the car.

Dan

Money pit Beretta

Post by Money pit Beretta »

Got the PM. Just have a land line and this computer. With the odd hours I've got and the limited time, talking here or a PM is the best.

My car has 160k and piston slap. Sure don't want to deal with that anymore. Around 90% of the suspension has been replaced along with many other things. Lack of rust(or something easy to deal with) is the major factor for me. Then comes all the parts that must be taken off and placed on another car. One is the rebuilt trans that will not be given up. Had to have a shop put that in.
Don't think I'll be able to get this car. Thank you for your time and effort.

keep'em flying!
metalhead212121

Finally have pics for you guys. IMO the car is pretty clean.... not mint but pretty clean for its age.
Attachments
5.JPG
4.JPG
3.JPG
2.JPG
1.JPG

metalhead212121

If someone out there is SERIOUSLY interested in this car AND NEEDS MORE PICS please send me a PM or email me.

Dan
Attachments
8.JPG
6.JPG
7.JPG

ifixalot

Post by ifixalot »

Just my .02 about what i see here.
I have to wonder what is under the undercoating? It obvious it was sprayed on recently.
Also some rust is poking through the drivers side door jamb so it's not like it's totally rust free.
I see some of what looks like brass compression fittings on the power steering cooler lines?
The pics of the underside of the rockers is that in the rear or front of the car.
It looks like the car was black and repainted to purple.

3X00-Modified
Administrator

Post by 3X00-Modified »

Those actually appear to be fuel or brake lines, That photo is looking up the drivers side, you can tell by the order of the CAT then resonator... With the inline compression fitting like that I hope to god they are fuel and not brake lines.

I agree with everything else you've stated though.

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
metalhead212121

3X00-Modified wrote:Those actually appear to be fuel or brake lines, That photo is looking up the drivers side, you can tell by the order of the CAT then resonator... With the inline compression fitting like that I hope to god they are fuel and not brake lines.

I agree with everything else you've stated though.
Thank you for agreeing with me.

Personally I HATE compression fittings in general. Again.. its not my car.

As far as the paint on the car YES it was repainted. I don't remember what color the car was originally. The current owner spent COUNTLESS hours prepping the car for paint. I would drive by his garage daily and I could see he was ALWAYS doing some kind of body work to the car (among other things).

With all due respect I think some of you guys are little "rough" when it comes to this car. YES I've lurked around here on this message board just to see what some of you have done to your cars. YES there are some L-Body's on here that are in amazing shape (better than the one I posted pics of). I have to imagine when you guys are looking for a L-Body you can't be TOO PICKY due to the fact that these cars IMO are niche cars.

With the way this car looks/drives I wouldn't hesitate to get in it and drive cross country. Just my .02

Dan

3X00-Modified
Administrator

Post by 3X00-Modified »

I was agreeing with ifixalot unfortunately.

Its not a matter of being too picky, its just the truth... if these cars have rust in the locations you pictured then they are not good projects and only a possible short term daily car before it rusts out even worse. Its very expensive to fix rust on these cars because there just isn't any replacement panels available to repair those areas.

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"