Tow Capcity

If there isn't a place for your question then put it here.

Tow Capcity

Post by Guest »

Hey, I was wondering what is the tow capacity of the beretta? I think I read somewhere it was 1500 lbs.  I wanted to see if I could tow a small fiberglass fishing boat (under 14 ft) on aluminum trailor.   I think my main concern is our steep hills and being able to have enough grip to pull the boat out of the water.

blindmandesigns

Tow Capcity

Post by blindmandesigns »

I am not sure but I think this can be found on your door jam sticker... or maybe that's just max vehicle capacity load...

Asylum

Tow Capcity

Post by Asylum »

4 cylinder 2.2 DO NOT TOW!
V6 or Quad 1,000 lbs max according to my '92 owners manual

Eric

Asylum Motorsports
"Where we're not happy 'til YOU'RE not happy!

'91 California Quad (Gone with just a bit of "Seller's Remorse".)
'92 3500 GT gone and not really missed. It was fun. Documented 13.47 N/A.
speedygtz

Tow Capcity

Post by speedygtz »

i wouldnt tow anything. the guy i got the car off used it to tow a small boat and it kept botoming out from the bouncing. the muffler broke and he got a truck thats the last he used the car! he said he could only max like 45 and its the 3.1 sadly thats when he also parked it.  

the z26 is on the road!

Tow Capcity

Post by Guest »

Im not sure what the wieght is of the boat and trailor. I know i need new rear shocks too. The car I would be towing with is my 1990 Gt with the 3.1 5 speed. I know the car has the power and the torque to handle the towing.  I was more concerned about the front end being light and me not being able to pull the boat and tailor up the hill at the boat launch.

rjc333

Tow Capcity

Post by rjc333 »

Towing anything with a front wheel drive vehicle is typically a bad idea.  Personally, from the way you describe things, I wouldn't try it.  Not worth the damage or headache if anything does go wrong.  Plus everybody pretty much knows somebody with a truck and trailer hitch....

1992 Beretta GTZ; 3.1 V6 auto (depressing, really....)

1991 Beretta GTZ; Quad4 5-spd (gone to auto heaven)
Ryan from Ohio

Tow Capcity

Post by Ryan from Ohio »

My 91 3.1 had no problems towing a HEARTY boat trailer with a single standup jet ski...

It was an adjustable trailer that could fit a small boat, 1 or 2 skis...

Tow Capcity

Post by Guest »

Ill have to take a look at the boat and the trailor a little more.  I mostly just wanted to know what the towing rating is for the beretta.  If the boat and trailor are below 1000 lbs then i should be ok but I dont know what the wight is and it could very well be over 1000 lbs concidering the age and make of the boat.

Maybe this will give me an excuse to do a 3400 or 3800 sc swap with a little wight in the front end  

1988GTU

Tow Capcity

Post by 1988GTU »

(AceMcCool90GT @ Sep. 16 2006,00:26)Q
U
O
T
EIll have to take a look at the boat and the trailor a little more.  I mostly just wanted to know what the towing rating is for the beretta.  If the boat and trailor are below 1000 lbs then i should be ok but I dont know what the wight is and it could very well be over 1000 lbs concidering the age and make of the boat.

Maybe this will give me an excuse to do a 3400 or 3800 sc swap with a little wight in the front end  
Putting in a stronger drivetrain will not make up for the lack of strength for the unibody structure.
Sure you put in a motor in that has around 200hp/tq, but what will you do to the rear bumper and such.
It'll be kind of disappointing when you don't see your trailer, bumper, and whatever else leave you when your at the top of the hill and all the rest is rolling away.

_________
-------------

Tow Capcity

Post by Guest »

(1988GTU @ Sep. 15 2006,15:19)Q
U
O
T
E(AceMcCool90GT @ Sep. 16 2006,00:26)Q
U
O
T
EIll have to take a look at the boat and the trailor a little more.  I mostly just wanted to know what the towing rating is for the beretta.  If the boat and trailor are below 1000 lbs then i should be ok but I dont know what the wight is and it could very well be over 1000 lbs concidering the age and make of the boat.

Maybe this will give me an excuse to do a 3400 or 3800 sc swap with a little wight in the front end ÂÂÂ
Putting in a stronger drivetrain will not make up for the lack of strength for the unibody structure.
Sure you put in a motor in that has around 200hp/tq, but what will you do to the rear bumper and such.
It'll be kind of disappointing when you don't see your trailer, bumper, and whatever else leave you when your at the top of the hill and all the rest is rolling away.

lol, ya i know.    I might just have to trade it in for a small truck.  I worked at a Ford Dealership for a while and got to drive a used Ford Sportrak (i think thats how they spelled it).  It was a nice little truck with on the fly 4x4 switch.