GROUP BUY: Canuck Motorsports Springs '95-96

Want some new struts? What brand springs to buy? How much camber to run? What brake pads? What's the best setup for your situation....
whiteretta

Re: GROUP BUY: Canuck Motorsports Springs '95-96

Post by whiteretta »

I really wish I had mine in my possession right now, then I could actually do a measurement. I hope this pic helps at least a little to give you a general idea.

Keep in mind this is a '94 on 215/45R17's.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

1994 Chevy Beretta, mild 3500 swap.
https://youtube.com/@MurphRocks86?si=mpCQc0DnEitPx3Jg
Money pit Beretta

Post by Money pit Beretta »

That does help. No effects on my car so it would look a bit higher. The 17's are making it taller(sorry. no time to check the tire size calculator)?

keep'em flying!
3X00-Modified
Administrator

Post by 3X00-Modified »

What? These springs will make your car lower from what you have... Guaranteed. That's what they are designed to do and your currently running an equivalent spring to FE1 height.

215/45/17's are exactly the same overall diameter as stock tires so that doesn't change the appearance.

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
lmnjlo

Post by lmnjlo »

I talked to Canuck today to see what's the good word. They are going to see if ordering a set of 3 for the 95 96 year is enough knowing that we have a few people also interested in the 87 94 year. She said she would check and get back to me. She also informed me that they are back logged on another industrial order and that if we were to order TODAY, not that we are ready, that it would put our springs out 3 weeks. I said that would be ok...that we just wanted these springs. I should hear from her later this week. Remember, if we have 4 people for the 95 96 we are good to go.

Money pit Beretta

The CG on my car is too high and a drop would be nice. Sure don't want to have to use low pro ramps(like on the Cavy) just to get my little jack under it. Then there is the fact that the Cavy is a snow plow and don't need another on of those.
Just looking for the "sweet spot" where the CG is lower, but the car can still be a snow car. That may be a pipe dream. If it is in fact 1.4 from where my car is now everything is good. Any lower and it's pointless. Unsure just what suspension they measured their drop from.

keep'em flying!
3X00-Modified
Administrator

Post by 3X00-Modified »

Probably measured their drop off of base suspension. I know that the FE7 setup on my Indy was almost the same ride height as the Eibach's maybe half the drop advertised. So I highly doubt you will see 1.4" off a original Z stance and you may see more of a drop off your current springs since those are not original.

Get them, try them and if your not happy, re-sell them. I'm sure someone will take them off your hands.
lmnjlo wrote:I talked to Canuck today to see what's the good word. They are going to see if ordering a set of 3 for the 95 96 year is enough knowing that we have a few people also interested in the 87 94 year. She said she would check and get back to me. She also informed me that they are back logged on another industrial order and that if we were to order TODAY, not that we are ready, that it would put our springs out 3 weeks. I said that would be ok...that we just wanted these springs. I should hear from her later this week. Remember, if we have 4 people for the 95 96 we are good to go.
Chad, Double check your post on the Beretta parts group... Tim German replied there and I think no where else so you may have missed him saying he's interested. That would give you 4 sets not including MPB.

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
lmnjlo

Post by lmnjlo »

We now have 5 people possibly 6. For those that are interested send me your phone number, email. And mailing address.

whiteretta

Post by whiteretta »

Money pit Beretta wrote:The CG on my car is too high and a drop would be nice. Sure don't want to have to use low pro ramps(like on the Cavy) just to get my little jack under it.
It's just low enough that I have to use a low-pro jack. My standard two ton jack wont fit under the Indy kit...

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

1994 Chevy Beretta, mild 3500 swap.
https://youtube.com/@MurphRocks86?si=mpCQc0DnEitPx3Jg
Money pit Beretta

Don't have a low pro just a very small floor jack. LOL right now I can use the mid size floors and could be able to use the huge shop jacks.

Those Delco's were a ripping pain to get on the struts(just couldn't compress them enough). If these are easier to get on then I just may go for it.
Is there a time limit?

keep'em flying!
lmnjlo

Post by lmnjlo »

Money pit Beretta wrote:Don't have a low pro just a very small floor jack. LOL right now I can use the mid size floors and could be able to use the huge shop jacks.

Those Delco's were a ripping pain to get on the struts(just couldn't compress them enough). If these are easier to get on then I just may go for it.
Is there a time limit?
Time limit, well... we are hoping to get the order in sooner that later. Hoping by next week. It would take a few weeks for the order to even be made. I would imagine these springs would be easier to put on compared to the Delco's as these springs are already more compressed. When I put my Sprint Springs on my 89 i had no problems at all, though Sprints are a little lower than Canucks, and I would not recommend the Sprints.

If you are thinking about it, I would suggest ordering a set. I surely dont want to make you order something you dont want...but i also dont want to have you wait to order something and when the time comes they are no longer available. That is why I started this group buy because I didnt buy springs years ago when it was available and have been out of luck for YEARS.

I wish I got in on the group buy for the Eibachs for the 87-94. I couldnt afford them at the time...and now I cant get them and Im stuck with my Sprints. lol. And I dont think we could gather another 20 people for Eibachs for the 87-94 as the group buy wasnt that long ago. So what Im saying is...you want some springs get it while you can. Its harder to get springs and even harder to get springs for the 95-96.

ok...i'll stop editing this post...Im bored at work. lol

3X00-Modified
Administrator

Post by 3X00-Modified »

You should get a set of each now... The GTU wants Canucks!

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
lmnjlo

Post by lmnjlo »

3X00-Modified wrote:You should get a set of each now... The GTU wants Canucks!
I agree with that. If they make them I will be buying them.

Money pit Beretta

Leaning more toward it now. Ride feel is still very important and is the last thing I'll ask about.

keep'em flying!
lmnjlo

Post by lmnjlo »

This is from Canuck as of today!!!!

"Hi,
Thank you for your information.
The engineer had confirmed we will stock both years for the Chevy Beretta lowering kits.
The only thing is, production may be a few weeks away, as we are behind in production as it is.
We thank you in advanced for your patience in this matter.
Please forward all information for the parties willing to wait for production.
I will need emails to forward invoices. I will not send invoices until product is ready to ship."

I will send everyones info that I have received today to them. If anyone has interest on the 87-94 year, now is the time to send me your info for those.

3X00-Modified
Administrator

Post by 3X00-Modified »

Money pit Beretta wrote:Leaning more toward it now. Ride feel is still very important and is the last thing I'll ask about.
It's a lowering spring... it will not ride like original FE3 or what you have. It will be stiffer than factory spec. That's pretty typical with any lowering spring setup including Eibach.

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"