In dash DVD

For all those little gadgets that make driving your car more fun and convienent. Big subs, screaming tweets? Got an amp that's on the way out? Need some recommendations? Then this is the place to ask.
BerettaLove32

In dash DVD

Post by BerettaLove32 »

What size monitor is that? 8"? I've been thinking about doing the same thing, gives it the newer car appearence, like with nav systems and all that. Great work!

Jeff P

In dash DVD

Post by Jeff P »

Yup, a screen will definitely make your car look newer and more high-end.  The one in mine is a 6.5" widescreen, though I would highly recommend a bigger one if the edges are narrow enough to fit.  Mine is kinda bulky because of the IR receiver and the ambient light sensor on the side.  Viewing angle, both vertical and horizontal, is extremely important because the screen isn't exactly angled toward the driver which will make it look darker.  Eventually I'll be glassing a new console to make it more viewable/usable.  Anyway, just some observations...better to learn before than after  Let us know when you do it, I want to see how it turns out!

-Jeff P.
Black '88 Beretta GT
Spice Red '06 GTO

Previously Owned:
'89 GT, '91 GT, '92 GTZ (12.95@105 mph), '01 Bonneville SSEi

In dash DVD

Post by Guest »

well i am going to gett one and the one i am geting i tih nk it is a jensen for 388 new and it is a flip up screen u can get them at a good pric just have to look around really as soon as i gett it i will put a pic of it up