Looking for my actual first car... a 1991 Beretta GT

Keep this to general Beretta/Board/Community topics.
pantheman75

Looking for my actual first car... a 1991 Beretta GT

Post by pantheman75 »

To make a long story short... I miss my first car and want to find it. I got my 1991 Beretta GT in the spring of 1992... it was white with a purple / teal "GT" splashed on the side and a gray interior. It had a 3.1L V6, automatic transmission, tape deck, and no spoiler. If memory serves it had a "stage 2" package (but I could be wrong on this). The engine blew around 70,000 miles and was replaced with another lower mileage motor out of another Beretta right before I traded it to a southeastern Wisconsin dealership the end of 1999 / beginning of 2000. I'm pouring through my stuff to find the VIN. I'm just curious... does anybody have any suggestions or resources on how I might find my old Beretta? I loved that car. Thanks for your time and help :)

themixer

Re: Looking for my actual first car... a 1991 Beretta GT

Post by themixer »

the vin number is a good start, make friends with someone at the DMV?

ifixalot

Post by ifixalot »

Here in Illinois, if you have the vin, you can run it online at the DMV.
I found several of my vehicles marked as "junked" a few years after I sold them.
Since you traded it back in 1999 or 2000, being southern Wisconsin, I'd bet it rusted,
wore out and is junked since it's 16 years later.

pantheman75

Post by pantheman75 »

The ONLY hope I have of it still being around is that it was in near perfect condition when I traded it... and it had an undercoat to help prevent excessive rust. I'm still digging around in my stuff to try and find the window sticker... I know I have it somewhere...

3X00-Modified
Administrator

Post by 3X00-Modified »

The problem is many do not see a vehicle as something to keep in good condition and they just buy to throw away, so even if it was mint in 99, 00... That doesn't mean someone didn't buy it for their kid and they drove it into the ground. It's the unfortunate truth with these cars and their destiny with them being extremely "affordable" for new teen drivers as well as having a "sporty" look. Best of luck to you finding the vin and hopefully you get some closure on it or find it.

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
speedy

Post by speedy »

Give me the vin. Ill run it

1991 beretta GTZ- 2.3l w41 cams, ported 086 head with a 3 angle valve job, fidanza flywheel with exedy racing clutch, 3.94fdr from and scx, so much more..