Fuel sender for digital dash

If there isn't a place for your question then put it here.
themixer

Fuel sender for digital dash

Post by themixer »

Looking up on rock auto the fuel sender for my 1989 Beretta GT with digital dash, what makes it special in comparison to the analog cluster? I would like all new lines but may end up reusing my sending unit. $70 vs $500 for the digial dash, any information would be appreciated

http://www.beretta.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=399
Has anyone tried this resistor ?

unit from rock auto
SPECTRA PREMIUM / COOLING DEPOT FG11C Fuel Sender, Strainer and Float Info
w/o Digital Gauge

3X00-Modified
Administrator

Re: Fuel sender for digital dash

Post by 3X00-Modified »

Hrmmm, not sure what's different. I could look in my Indy tank if you wanted to compare to a non digi car unit.

And I see $75 vs $83 for the two... the $75 one being W/digital cluster FG23C. The non digital is FG23A These PN's are for a 90 tho.

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
3X00-Modified
Administrator

Post by 3X00-Modified »

Only thing I notice in photos is the sender plug is 3 pins on the non digi dash and the one for the digi is a 4 pin plug, so there is an extra wire running to the float unit.

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
Cliff8928
Administrator

Post by Cliff8928 »

The fuel sending unit has an isolated ground. You should be able to swap the wiring between them if you're careful, I did this on mine.

The FG11A looks like the one you'd need with the 4-wire plug, however it's not listed for the Beretta, but other cars with digital gauges.

Cliff Scott
themixer

Post by themixer »

thankfully my sending unit and gas tank are in perfect condition, the 1989 has a steel tank that is more shallow in size, the 1990 switched to a plastic tank. I was going use a plastic tank that i had from an old 1990 parts car, but the straps would not work. It seemed like a waste to not use the original parts so it all went back on with a new fuel pump. I really don't want to be stuck on the side of the road with a broken pump!