hard starting after engine is warm

If there isn't a place for your question then put it here.
bocephus

hard starting after engine is warm

Post by bocephus »

i have a 94 with the 3.1L engine. it starts like a champ when then engine is cold (ambient temp). but if i drive it xx miles and get it up to operating temp, shut the engine off, and go to restart it....i have to crank on it for 5+ seconds to get it to start (it always starts, it just starts hard when warm). a friend suggested installing a new fuel pressure regulator. we did that and nothing changed. is there something simple i can fix/replace to cure this problem?

ifixalot

Re: hard starting after engine is warm

Post by ifixalot »

Both my 96 Beretta v6s have a similar problem. I haven't figured it out yet but mine
start then die when warm. If I hold, just a bit of pressure on the gas, it'll start.
I wonder if I have a leaky fuel injector flooding one or more cylinders when the
engine is off.

1988GTU

Post by 1988GTU »

Replace the fuel filter. If it's new, then likely the f-pump.

_________
-------------
Money pit Beretta

Post by Money pit Beretta »

Think mine has come down to injectors. Must be a few sticking at different points because it's not always the same. Get a good start one day and the very next day or the day after that it is very hard to start. Took many months for it to get this bad.

Hank, how is your idle? A bit rough with some days better than others? I mean the idle after it is warmed up that is.

keep'em flying!