A/C system

If there isn't a place for your question then put it here.
kmkk1010

A/C system

Post by kmkk1010 »

Hi..new to the forum as I have recently become a Beretta owner. I have a base model 1995 V6 3.1L a/t with 37,000 miles. I hope someone on here can help. I received the car without an a/c compressor- just a bypass pulley in its place- which indicates a previous compressor mishap of some sort. I am going to be delving into inspecting the hoses and other components and would like to flush out the system, but cannot locate the receiver drier. I suspect it must be in the pass. wheel well but can't find one internet resource that provides much info on its location. I don't want to remove anything unless I know it's in there. Also, does the V5 compressor use a pressure switch which gets plugged in the back of it? If so,will a new compressor come with one? I don't have the old compressor from which to transfer any parts to a new one. Thanks for any help.

cintrav

Re: A/C system

Post by cintrav »

On my 91 its on the drivers side below the battery

ifixalot

Post by ifixalot »

On my 96, it is under the passenger side headlight, in front of the radiator core support.
If you follow the lines, you should find it.
I bought a re manufactured compressor off ebay and it came with everything on it.

3X00-Modified
Administrator

Post by 3X00-Modified »

It's where you've been told it is on that year car. The compressor itself doesn't have any switches on it. The high pressure switch is located on the top line that is going to the condenser.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
kmkk1010

Post by kmkk1010 »

Okay thanks for your help guys. I will be checking out those locations. Anyone familiar with the concept of reverse flushing an evaporator and expansion valve to avoid having to take apart the dash? I read about someone having success in doing that.. just wondering. Thanks.