I'm still here

Tell us about your Beretta and Post an Image
weba

I'm still here

Post by weba »

I've been busy with house building project for couple years now, but my daily driver is still going:

It's been while since I used my trademark angle ;)

Wear and tear is piling up on the car, since limited time+funds+energy to keep it going.

Beside usual maintenance, scheduled for this year is taking care of the rust creeping from the rear fender wells, sandblast+rust converter+paint...
Sadly the car is currently on just keep-alive level of maintenance, not getting the love it would deserve, and in couple of years I need to make a decision of what to do with it, getting a bit too demanding to keep it as daily driver.

White car is at the new garage, piled under loads of construction material. It needs a header collector replaced and inspection + emission test to get going again, maybe next summer?

99GaGT3X00

Re: I'm still here

Post by 99GaGT3X00 »

so shiny..paint on it looks immaculate..

3400/3500 Hybrid
227/233@.050 .515.515 lift 112LSA
15.232@88.85mph on stock 3400

99 Grand Am GT------03 Subaru Outback H6
weba

Post by weba »

It's just wax, paint is far from great, it's decent only on sides, everything else is...

99GaGT3X00

Post by 99GaGT3X00 »

well the paint photograph's well.. my Z26 wasn't as shiny but it was the same..looked decent on the outside but underneath was a different story..

3400/3500 Hybrid
227/233@.050 .515.515 lift 112LSA
15.232@88.85mph on stock 3400

99 Grand Am GT------03 Subaru Outback H6
woody90gtz

Post by woody90gtz »

My black Z26 underwhelmed a lot of people once they saw it in person! haha

It is a good looking car. Sad to hear it is nearing the end of its useful life. That day does come for anything driven through the salt though.

Any info on the house project? Sucks when life gets in the way of the car progress - I understand completely, but let's see what else you're working on!

91 "SS" - WOT 3400/5spd - 13.29@101.6 - World's fastest N/A FWD Beretta
96 "T56" LS/6spd/8.8 RWD swap - 13.45@104.7 lol
GEARHEAD dezign youtube
CorvetteBeretta

Post by CorvetteBeretta »

looks pretty nice in picture I must say but don't they all muuuuaahhhhh!!

weba

Post by weba »

woody90gtz, It's too offtopic to post on this forum, but we should be able to move in late summer, after 2 years of hard? work.
Yet there are still several areas of the house not yet finished, I'll have rest of my life to perfect them. :)

It's taking so long since I started building what I really wanted, instead of what I could really afford, you know the drill :)

Money pit Beretta

Post by Money pit Beretta »

I hear you, my car is just living do to the up keep. Less paint every year and more little rust spots. Just feel as if there is no hope for this car.

keep'em flying!
olovi

Post by olovi »

Nice :good:

Beretta Gt 2,8 -88
snowblindburd
Administrator

Post by snowblindburd »

Still looking good, Weba!

I have the same photographs great, looks like crap in person problem, Woody. Maybe your suspension was cursed (kidding)!

1991 Beretta GTZ
weba

Post by weba »

Mine doesn't look like crap, but it has it's fare share of stone hits and small dents and scratches. If the car is properly waxed, those are only visible in daylight and\or looked up close :)

There are rust spots around the rear wheel wells where the paint is bubbling, that's on the to-do list.

yellow3800

Post by yellow3800 »

I'm still here too. I've helped my dad build a couple houses. One house takes your entire life for a year! well, my experience, 2 of us plus some small crew help. Thank you for keeping your car. It looks great! I mean it. ...and thats saying a lot because you don't have gfx on it; I'm a gfx nut.

weba

Post by weba »

It's crusher time for my first Beretta (91 eurospec GTZ) that's been sitting as parts storage for several years.

Sadly, current daily driver, black W26 is next on the list this fall. Then there will be just my white 90 GTZ left.

1988GTU

Post by 1988GTU »

Ya pickin' anything else off that white Z just in case the other Z or even 'numbered for days' W26?

_________
-------------
weba

Post by weba »

Nope, actually down scaling my inventory radically. Throwing parts away if they been stored forever, selling what sells.

For example, why store cruise control, when I have total of 0 cruise control failures of any of my cars ever. Or 3 sets of stock headlights while none of my cars has stock headlights.

Engine from this car was sold, so were the ground effects and rear seat, some pieces here and there like fender.

I'l be keeping the hood, trunk lid, fender, rear bumper metal part and few bits like that I could use in a case of fender bender. Rear quater panels are too much work so they get junked.

Only part I'm for sure going to save from the black car, is the V6 transmission case, really hard to find one.

I'm keeping the hardest to find parts, but rest can go.