96 suspension optoins

Want some new struts? What brand springs to buy? How much camber to run? What brake pads? What's the best setup for your situation....
Oki_Hero

96 suspension optoins

Post by Oki_Hero »

Hey guys I was wondering what type of suspension setup are you or us to run in your cars. I do own a Corsica but from what I've seen that doesn't really make a difference. I've looked at the energy bushings kit but don't know if there are any positives/negatives to the different sizes. The struts only seem to be limited to KYB or Monroe with different springs like (the from what I've seen popular ) eibachs. Another thing I recently came to realize I have a wheel bearing starting to go out. Is Moog the best option a as far as reducing weight? Thanks for the help.

96 Corsica 2.2 3 speed auto (awaiting building)
Money pit Beretta

Re: 96 suspension optoins

Post by Money pit Beretta »

Poly stuff is nice and not harsh. As far as size you must use the size that you have/need. Moog is good and they also make poly end link bushings. As for the wheel bearings there is no such thing as reducing weight. Eibachs are now hard to get. http://canuckmotorsports.com/ try these guys and ask them if their springs would be ok on your car(they should be).
Addco is the only maker of rear sway bars for our cars. If you want a strut tower bar snag one from a Cavalier(holes for the studs must be in a straight line) for the rear only MRZ makes them. My car has both and they are very much liked. Nice and easy to put on too.

keep'em flying!
Oki_Hero

Post by Oki_Hero »

Cool. I already e-mailed Canuck and they have sets for my car for 171 plus shipping which isn't terrible considering some of the other prices I've seen. Another question does anyone have any opinions on SenSen? Rock auto has a four corner kit but I don't see a lot of reviews for the brand.

Money pit Beretta

Post by Money pit Beretta »

SensaTrack? Not a good idea unless you like you car to float like an old 70's car.
Do you want to drop the ride height or do you want the stock height? Moog springs would work for stock, also Delco(which my car has), but those have yet to impress me. Not bad over all, not much of any gain in handling if any at all. Ride height is stock or higher. Lets just say I don't fear two feet of snow.

keep'em flying!
1988GTU

Post by 1988GTU »

A lot of our brand selections are best picked by warranty and cs backing. We don't have much else going for the l body... Unless by default design we share another vehicle for its design.

I've been trying to understand why a manufacturer would repop or mass produce a beretta specific part without even entertaining subtle changes to draw in a modern market. For what the demographic may be for these and like cars, I'm willing to bet if Monroe made koni like struts or if raybestos only offered ss brake soft hoses or dorman/anchor produced poly mounts we'd see more enthusiasts or at least have a better light for these poorly rep'd l bodies.

_________
-------------
Oki_Hero

Post by Oki_Hero »

I do want to lower it but maybe only an inch. There's a lot of hills in this part of Virginia I'm not trying to scrape everywhere I go. I honestly have always kinda wanted a Beretta. I always thought they looked pretty cool. How many other vehicles share parts with our cars?