3500 Turbo write up.

If there isn't a place for your question then put it here.
Oki_Hero

3500 Turbo write up.

Post by Oki_Hero »

Hey guys, I have decided to ditch the LNF idea and stick with the turbo LX9. However, I can not seem to find a proper write that would hopefuly minimize the amout of exspensive mistakes I am likely to make. Now I have been trying to find it on other sites JBO, 60*V6, Z24V6, hell I even went and tried the Fiero fourms but the only write I think would apply is the one for a 3.4 turbo. Im looking for a source or a few that would tell me what and how the modifications should be done.

96 Corsica 2.2 3 speed auto (awaiting building)
Slinky

Re: 3500 Turbo write up.

Post by Slinky »

There are only a handful of boosted 3x00 engines out there, i believe the one cavi forum has a write up on a mpfi 3.1 turbo engine, but i have never seen a "How to" write up on a 3x00 engine, this i mainly due to everyone's setup being so different, and most likley no more than 20 turbo 3x00 engine on this planet.

1 Of 1 Street Legal Centri S/c Beretta's In Existance
Oki_Hero

Post by Oki_Hero »

Still less of a pita than the LNF. Is there literatue on how to, I guess assemble would be the right term, a turbo?

96 Corsica 2.2 3 speed auto (awaiting building)
bonecrrusher

Post by bonecrrusher »

This is a custom application - not going to really be a "How-To" out there - especially for a Beretta.

Your going to need a turbo, intercooler, BOV, wastegate, piping, oiling system for the turbo, filter for the turbo, at least a custom crossover to stick the turbo on, etc.

Fuel pump, fuel injectors, tuning, OBD1 or OBD2?

There is so much research that you need to do - start looking up turbo builds on Youtube - you might find something.

2005 Chevrolet Corvette Z51
2005 GMC Sierra 2500HD
2014 Chevy SS
Slinky

Post by Slinky »

Assembling an actual turbo would be more suited with a quick Google search, journal bearing turbos are somewhat easy to assemble, I have done that before. But ball bearing turbos are a bit more complicated due to all the press fit bearings.

And imo the easiest way to do a turbo setup on a 3x00 would be to buy a set of milzy motorsports turbo headers for a grand am, than modify them to work, the rest of the fab is all easy and no harder than any other car.

1 Of 1 Street Legal Centri S/c Beretta's In Existance