I'm done using facebook for good.

Feel free to post about anything here, just keep it work safe.
GT_Indy

I'm done using facebook for good.

Post by GT_Indy »

Facebook was just very spammy and I was constantly trying to block all kinds of ads and a bunch posts showing up from people I didn't even know who were not in my friends list, it became more work than it was worth so I just got rid of my account.
I opened it up a couple months later but it was unchanged so I deleted it for good.

Feel free to send a PM or email through Beretta.net, I check the site at least once a week.

PS, We should use the forums more than facebook. :)

3X00-Modified
Administrator

Re: I'm done using facebook for good.

Post by 3X00-Modified »

Yeah try convincing the facebook group of that... Registering here and using this medium feels like asking them to program a space rocket.

And no matter how many times is posted, linked, referenced, or shared... Most will say, What's Beretta.net? Or whats bfest? SERIOUSLY!

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
GT_Indy

Post by GT_Indy »

lol yah Its not as active as it used to be.

However one can always hope. :)

ifixalot

Post by ifixalot »

So, I'm not the only one who doesn't enjoy Facebook. LOL
I've learned you can "unfollow" people without "unfriending" them.
I think that when your friends "like" something from somebody else,
it gets put on your wall weather you are friends with them or not.
I also see ads for stuff I've searched for online show up at Facebook.
I've seen ads show up on my browser for things I looked at on Facebook.
I really don't like being tracked so sometimes I use a private browser so there is no
3rd party tracking.
I mostly don't get why people need to post where they are eating and drinking etc.
And I didn't care for all the political posts.
I tried to look for the Beretta page but I see a for sale page and some but not much
of a discussion page.

3X00-Modified
Administrator

Post by 3X00-Modified »

Search for Beretta.net... it's the only page with that in the title.

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
GT_Indy

Post by GT_Indy »

Yah. Problem is you can't follow just that persons posts and omit their likes and comments on other stuff.

The other facebook group besides the Auto Sales is the Beretta.net owners.... Something something....
Should show up in a Facebook group search for Beretta.net

The ads were just annoying overall. To many of them. It got worse when facebook bypassed my ad blockers too.

I'm not about to make a verified ID account which is what they want because its me but a different email address now. So I'm not going to bother.

whiteretta

Post by whiteretta »

I still have my days where I just look to see how many posts I can reference the forum in. I try and hit up the forum here once a week, there's things you miss if you don't check the forum.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

1994 Chevy Beretta, mild 3500 swap.
https://youtube.com/@MurphRocks86?si=mpCQc0DnEitPx3Jg
GT_Indy

Post by GT_Indy »

whiteretta wrote:I still have my days where I just look to see how many posts I can reference the forum in. I try and hit up the forum here once a week, there's things you miss if you don't check the forum.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk
Yah, I'm the same way, I check the forums too because there are several important things posted here as well.
But there are also some important things that end up on facebook only.

The good thing is I found a way to still view the facebook groups without having a facebook account so I can keep up with some members who aren't on the forums, but we text anyways. lol

MY91GT(Z)

Post by MY91GT(Z) »

It really does suck how fb had taken everyone's life pretty much and taken away from the forums n all.. I miss the days here myself when seeing people mod the cars regularly but that doesn't happen much anymore either. Makes me wanna go to another platform but still keep my beretta around n it turned into one love for a car many of us can't shake and the good friends that have came from it

93 GT cammed 3500 TORSEN, headers,intake,wilwood,poly/delrin mounts, 2.5 S.S,Exhaust,dickman kits,GTUspoiler,Euro headlights-tails-mirrors-fender flares-spoiler,Intrax/Koni,91+blk interior,rr disk swap,s.s.clutch line
3X00-Modified
Administrator

Post by 3X00-Modified »

MY91GT(Z) wrote:Makes me wanna go to another platform
Don't "conform" be unique... You don't have to be modding the same platform to get along with other car geeks, and if they feel that way then they are the idiots. Just gotta find some all inclusive groups to hang with during the off season of Bfest :)

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
MY91GT(Z)

Post by MY91GT(Z) »

O believe me I'll never be without a beretta so long as I can keep one. I just want older car to restore for most part and what my plan is when my beretta is done first

93 GT cammed 3500 TORSEN, headers,intake,wilwood,poly/delrin mounts, 2.5 S.S,Exhaust,dickman kits,GTUspoiler,Euro headlights-tails-mirrors-fender flares-spoiler,Intrax/Koni,91+blk interior,rr disk swap,s.s.clutch line
GT_Indy

Post by GT_Indy »

MY91GT(Z) wrote:O believe me I'll never be without a beretta so long as I can keep one. I just want older car to restore for most part and what my plan is when my beretta is done first
This is kinda what I'm in the middle of doing, I have enough cars that I'm replacing two cars with two other cars instead of adding more cars.
Only thing left is selling the extra Beretta's. lol
I bought my Cadillac Brougham as my 455 swap project to take the place of my 90 Turbo Indy, and my Convertible Sunbird is taking place of my 96 Z26.
But I still have my other Indy and my GTZ so its not like I'm completely done with Beretta's, I plan to keep those two forever.

Godlike

Post by Godlike »

Whats facebook?

90' GTZ 189whp NA 14.00@99 / 237whp 50 shot 13.3@104
95' Integra 240whp / 04' Z71 Tahoe/ 85' K20/ 15' IS350 Fsport
projects: 86 Bonneville 6.0 swap / MkIII Supra 2J swap / 91 Volvo 740
Stencil
Administrator

Post by Stencil »

They both have their pros and cons - Facebook is a better interface for communication nowadays, however it has no history so it's impossible to search consistently.

My solution? Do both.

-Aaron
'92 Beretta GTZ 2.3L 5M - Undergoing "unibody off" restoration ATM (almost done!)
'93 Beretta GT "MISEREE" 3.1 5M
'95 Beretta Base DGGM 2.2 5M
'96 Beretta "FAUXZ26" 2.2 5M
GT_Indy

Post by GT_Indy »

yah I decided its not worth it to use facebook anymore, I deleted it.
I'll stick to the forums here, to much good information and many good for sale listings are lost because of the way facebook is setup.
In my personal opinion, the dedication to this forum and to these cars has been greatly diminishing due to facebook.
Last edited by GT_Indy on Mon Jul 03, 2017 3:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.