Issues in 91 beretta

Keep this to general Beretta/Board/Community topics.
Muhammad

Issues in 91 beretta

Post by Muhammad »

I have 91 beretta GT v6 3.1 and it is badly killing me. When I start it then it is not creating any problem. It runs wonderful in park but once I place it in reverse or drive the footrace starts. To maintain it from dying. I must keep it at a definite RPM to stay it from dying. I transformed the hose from the vehicle’s engine to the intake air intake.

I tool this to mechanic and still running around. I noticed it could my sparkplugs and wires, there is something miss, i have uncovered motor mount, wires etc. Except i had the whole this and my vehicle still ran without wounding off. This problem can be minor i understood to somewhat pat my car’s brakes to keep the RPM up but it is getting annoying. Please give your suggestions…

Money pit Beretta

Re: Issues in 91 beretta

Post by Money pit Beretta »

Not fully understanding your post.
One thing to try is to clean the idle air control valve and the port that it sits in. You must take the valve out of the throttle body to do that. Spraying cleaner into the port and using Q-tips to clean all the gunk out.

keep'em flying!
Muhammad

Post by Muhammad »

Thanks @MoneyPitBeretta,
I cleaned the air control valve. But still problem is there. I am thinking to do a visit to mechanic. But before this, I want to get some suggestions about this problem, so that i can get favorable results. Is anyone more who can help me in this?

ifixalot

Post by ifixalot »

Try Google translate to convert your language to English so we can better understand you.
But I get the impression that your engine is running rich because you pat the brake pedal and it helps
keep the engine running. Patting the brake pedal allows extra air into the engine which helps compensate for too much fuel.
These early engines had fuel injectors that go bad, one of those going bad would be my guess.

Money pit Beretta

Agreed on the injectors. Then there is also the oxygen sensor if it not working correctly. If the fan for the radiator is on then it could be the temperature sensor in the water neck(where the upper radiator hose connects). If the temperature sensor goes bad it will read cold and the computer will add more fuel than needed.

The early cars do have a problem with the ignition control module. It is very close to the front exhaust manifold(under it). When that goes then the coils start going bad. Replacing them only leads to more bad coils(most of the time just one). Replacement of the ignition control module and any affected coil or coils solves the misfiring.

You could have more than one problem.....think you know that though.

keep'em flying!
Muhammad

Post by Muhammad »

yes my friends, Thanks for understanding me. You are right the early cars do have a problem with the ignition control module. I found some coils related problem in that, i am planning to get some parts from http://www.autozin.com/for-sale/beretta-convertible to solve the problem. Thanks everyone again.

Money pit Beretta

Feel free to ask if you need any more help. If you do get it fixed please post here to tell us, we would like to know.

Rock Auto has a good amount of parts. What is that link to?

keep'em flying!