I'm done using facebook for good.

Feel free to post about anything here, just keep it work safe.
Styluss
Global Moderator

Re: I'm done using facebook for good.

Post by Styluss »

ifixalot wrote:So, I'm not the only one who doesn't enjoy Facebook. LOL
I also see ads for stuff I've searched for online show up at Facebook.
I've seen ads show up on my browser for things I looked at on Facebook.
I really don't like being tracked so sometimes I use a private browser so there is no
3rd party tracking.
If you have a cell phone, you're being tracked. If you use the internet, at all, on the phone, laptop, desktop and anywhere you sign in to something or even just use your search engine or read news on MSN... you are being tracked. Fact of life. You would have to give up a lot of your daily used conveniences and well, just about the internet in general to NOT be tracked.

1989 GTU - The Nice Car
1989 GTU Mock - The Neglected Car
1989 Base Model - The Rally Car
Styluss
Global Moderator

Post by Styluss »

As far as FB, I used to LOVE it. I was on multiple times daily. Now that I have started streaming online gaming I'm all over Twitter. But I don't use Twitter like I did FB. I used to be on FB and I was super curious who was doing what. Now if it's not these cars, Destiny on my PS4 or something major with a friend or family I could care less. I only use my Twitter to support my online gaming entity. This board? I'm barely ever on here anymore but I'd like to change that.

I too would like to see more traffic here on the forums and it has been something that Jon and I have discussed a few times in the past. There's no magic answer here but we'll be working on it.

1989 GTU - The Nice Car
1989 GTU Mock - The Neglected Car
1989 Base Model - The Rally Car
GT_Indy

Post by GT_Indy »

Facebook is okay for some things like keeping in touch with friends and family across long distances, however I feel it has went overboard these days.
I just feel its not worth it, I have an account to keep in contact with some members here, but thats it.
Last edited by GT_Indy on Mon Jul 03, 2017 3:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Godlike

Post by Godlike »

I have never been part of FB. Its just not for me. And I will never call the pound sign(#) a hash tag! But it has been kind of an unstoppable force. This forum has slowed down a lot since it got popular. I know quite a few people that are easing up on FB lately and I hope that means people will start coming back to forums like this. Im definitely not on Bnet often and its mainly because I see the same stale topics up with no new replies. Im gonna try to stop by more often though and contribute.

90' GTZ 189whp NA 14.00@99 / 237whp 50 shot 13.3@104
95' Integra 240whp / 04' Z71 Tahoe/ 85' K20/ 15' IS350 Fsport
projects: 86 Bonneville 6.0 swap / MkIII Supra 2J swap / 91 Volvo 740
GT_Indy

Post by GT_Indy »

I believe the Hashtag trend started with twitter. lol
I had decided to ease up on facebook as well not long ago, and I deleted my account recently.

I know a lot of people use facebook, but a lot of people don't use it as well. I feel like potentially new members might think the forums are dead and go elsewhere due to the lack of forum activity.