Anyone know what these go for ?

If there isn't a place for your question then put it here.
mrchuck

Anyone know what these go for ?

Post by mrchuck »

Does anyone know what the black leather wrapped steering wheel go for price wise ? It`s out of a 90 teal Indy .I have seen only afew online and one was $200 bucks.

mrchuck

Re: Anyone know what these go for ?

Post by mrchuck »

I`m going to go on a limb and say there rare . I have the question posted on afew sites and someone offered me $200 for it.

Rettax3

Post by Rettax3 »

Welcome mrchuck. The leather-wrapped wheel was offered on GT and GTU models in addition to the Indy, up through 1990. Yep, 'uncommon' might not describe it as well as 'rare' anymore. A previous owner had replaced my GTU's wheel with a smaller-diameter aftermarket, like a Grant or something... I was fortunate enough to find one in 'acceptable' condition in a salvage-yard GTU shortly after, that was MANY years ago, and I haven't seen one since.

Having worked at a GM restoration-parts shop for a short time years ago, I would say my slightly educated guess would agree $200 sounds about right, if it has the center horn pad and it is in good shape. We sold a NOS Camaro Z-28 IROC leather-wrapped wheel for ~$250, and everyone in the store was shocked someone would pay that back then (the dollar stretched a bit better then, of course). The Z-28 is of course a more 'collector' type car than ours tend to be, and this wheel was NEW, but was also a little less rare.

Bottom line though, a part is worth exactly no less than what someone will pay you for it, and exactly no more than what you are willing to sell it for. And rare parts for rare cars also means rare buyers, and waiting for the right buyer with both the need and the means could leave you sitting on a part until your grand-kids clean out your garage into a dumpster...

1989 SuperCharged 3800 Srs-II (First)Six-Speed GTU
1990 Turbo 3.4 5-Speed T-Type
1990 4.0L 4-Cam 32-Valve V-8 5-Speed Indy GTi (Project)
1990 Stock(!) 3.1 MPFI Auto Indy
1995 LA1/L82 4T60E Z-26
1995 3.4 DOHC Turbo 5-Speed Z-26
mrchuck

Post by mrchuck »

Thank you Rettax3,
The guy that offered me $ 200.00 for it is getting it . I got it off a 90 teal Indy Beretta .I can`t use it on mine and I have enough parts laying around . Thank you for replying !

woody90gtz

Post by woody90gtz »

Well said. My 90 GTZ also had the leather wrapped wheel, but all 91+ did not.

I've got my eye open for a deal on another Lumina Z34 wheel but they have certainly climbed in price since I bought the last one...

91 "SS" - WOT 3400/5spd - 13.29@101.6 - World's fastest N/A FWD Beretta
96 "T56" LS/6spd/8.8 RWD swap - 13.45@104.7 lol
GEARHEAD dezign youtube