A/C Problem

If there isn't a place for your question then put it here.
90 Indy

A/C Problem

Post by 90 Indy »

Hi, I have an Indy Beretta.  I charged the A/C and it feels cold.  The only problem is that not much  of the cold air is blowing through the vents into the car.  I can hear a massive amount of air blowing somewhere other than in the car.  I want to fix it for this summer.  Any suggestions??  Thanks

Cliff8928
Administrator

A/C Problem

Post by Cliff8928 »

Most likely your evaporator core is all dirty.  You can remove the whole plenum under the hood where the blower motor mounts too and you will see it right there.

Cliff Scott
90 Indy

A/C Problem

Post by 90 Indy »

Hello, Thanks for your reply.  I just recently got the car out of storage and I played with the heater controls and when I turn on the vents for heat there is still not a lot of air coming out of the vents but I can hear the rest of the air going somewhere else.  Would that still be the same thing causing the a/c not to blow??  Thanks

circlegtz

A/C Problem

Post by circlegtz »

yes it sounds like the evap core has a leak and the oil from the ac system  leaked out of the core an all the dirt
and dust stuck to it  needs a new evap core youll probably want to change the orfice tube and reciver / dryer as these are like filters for ac and also for maxium cooling  

Jeff P

A/C Problem

Post by Jeff P »

If the air is still cold, the evaporator core is fine.  The core will get clogged regardless of whether it is leaking or not.  Stuff just gets on/in the ribs and doesn't allow air to flow through.  Chances are good that a simple cleaning will fix your problem.

-Jeff P.
Black '88 Beretta GT
Spice Red '06 GTO

Previously Owned:
'89 GT, '91 GT, '92 GTZ (12.95@105 mph), '01 Bonneville SSEi
circlegtz

A/C Problem

Post by circlegtz »

hey jeff p if he had to charge the a/c where do you think the freon went  maybe out the bad evap!! or maybe your right maybe its just dirty just because the air is cold doesnt mean its not bad  he could have a bad condensor too but i was just giving him suggestions on why it gets dirty

Jeff P

A/C Problem

Post by Jeff P »

Somehow I completely missed the part about him charging the A/C Thanks for pointing that out...I'd tend to suspect old o-rings first as the cause of the leak.

-Jeff P.
Black '88 Beretta GT
Spice Red '06 GTO

Previously Owned:
'89 GT, '91 GT, '92 GTZ (12.95@105 mph), '01 Bonneville SSEi
circlegtz

A/C Problem

Post by circlegtz »

cool were all just trying to help