exhaust questions

Post information about exhaust systems. Either purchased or custom made
vegavairbob

exhaust questions

Post by vegavairbob »

i was planning on purchacing a walker oem (cat back) system - dual tailpipes in muffer and i assume, stock sound.
i used to be a chevy salesman in the 80's and had an '88 GT demo (loved it). i remember that the new berettas and camaros with the 2.8 V6's sounded pretty loud...factory manifold caused it??
are the stock 2.8's louder than the later V6's?
i'm a new member and owner of a nice original '89 GT V6/auto i recently found. it needs of an exhaust pipe and muffler.
i noticed a lot of members have hi-perf. exhaust. i don't want car too loud... but wouldn't mind a suggestion for a nicer sound than oem before i get the walker pipe/muffler (100.) any suggestions?
thanks, bob

Robert Spinello

'89 Beretta GT
'73 Vega GT
'71 Vega Panel Express
'64 Corvair Monza Convertible
wicked-irocz

exhaust questions

Post by wicked-irocz »

most of the performance exhausts are custom bent unless your talking about just a performance muffler which there are a lot of people around here running on stock pipe.  The stock exhausts on 3.1s sound pretty good, I agree.  The only thing is that walker stuff is not going to sound the same though I dont know what exactly it will sound like.  If your looking for a little louder there is the super turbo mufflers, louder than that=ultraflow, louder still=glasspack style.

94 Beretta Z26 57,4xx miles
3100, auto, crank windows, power locks/trunk, A/C,
To many mods to list
-intercooler :shock:

Among beretta boards
1st Turbo 4t60-e
1st Turbo 3100
1st Turbo Z26
1st 94+ Turbo
berettajunkie1991

exhaust questions

Post by berettajunkie1991 »

i have a magnaflow it sounds nice it is not too overpowering yet it has a nice tone and you really dont notice it when you are cruising
just a suggestion.

Cliff8928
Administrator

exhaust questions

Post by Cliff8928 »

Well, if I were you I would head to the local exhaust shop and get a custom system made.  Usually the independent places are better to go to.  You'll probably want to stick to a turbo-style muffler for the sound you're looking for.

Cliff Scott