Changing 6x9's

Archived topics from the Mobile Electronics and Audio Forum

Changing 6x9's

Post by Guest »

I know this has been asked but I searched and found nothing and I even looked around manually and didn't see anything so here goes...

Give me links to those topics if you have them also

How in the world do I get at my 6x9's?! I know that I have to take the back window panel off and all that but I can't figure out how. I was trying to take off some plastic pieces the other night around the back passenger windows where the hooks for hangers are and I couldn't figure out how it was connected to get it off. It looks like they need to be removed to get that panel off or would it be easier to take my seat out? I really don't want to pay Best Buy $40 to install new 6x9's so I really need to know how you guys/gals did it yourselves.

Changing 6x9's

Post by Guest »

THere probably a easier way but this is how i did it...

Take off the trim pieces around the side windows,
Disconnect thte third brake light assembly,
Then take out the back seat  (it'll be a lot easier to work with...
When you are done remove the back dash and there you go...

Putting it together is just the reverse of this

Changing 6x9's

Post by Guest »

Quote (Kmkalf @ Sep. 17 2002,08:15)Take off the trim pieces around the side windows
Well I was trying to do that the other night and couldn't get 'em off. At what locations do they snap into the body of the car? I have an idea but not the exact locations. If I knew that then I would know where to pull harder rather than pulling in the wrong place and *snap*

Changing 6x9's

Post by Guest »

pull them out a little and peak in so you can see where they snap on.  then just yank away.  they're pretty tough they won't breaK EASY