Rims..! whats the biggest i can go ?

Archived topics from the Wheels and Tires Forum

Post by Guest »

I was wonderign whats the biggest size rim i can go with out it being a problem, could i go with a 19 how about a 20 ?

Canada

Post by Canada »

Play around here. Compare your stock size with your new rim size. Try to get it as close to the stock size as you can. The little bit I played with it, it looks like you can fit a "DUB" on there.

-2007 Saturn Sky Redline
-2007 Chevrolet Silverado Classic 2500HD
-2006 Chevrolet Impala SS
-1996 Chevrolet Camaro Z28
-1996 Chevrolet Beretta

Post by Guest »

If you go to www.whalentire.com it can calculate a bunch of things for ya but it only goes up to 19's

Post by Guest »

205 30 20 is as near perfect as i could get. But 225 30 20 will work and be a little wider for ya too. It will be like rolling on rubber bands tho, your sidewall is only like 2"

Post by Guest »

I'm rolling on $500 14inch Eagle rims lol, no I did not buy them,they came with the car. There really nice rims although very small.

z284pwr

Post by z284pwr »

I think the biggest that has been fit so far that we know of is Jonnie Williams...He's got the Katana 19" wheels if I remember correctly, eventually you'd have to start rolling the fenders, and the size would become really off, but if you really wanted to and didn't care about that, you could probably put 24s with the proper mods...

Brian Edwards
'73 Trans Am - 455/Auto
'79 Suburban - 454/Auto
'88 Beretta GT - 3.1/5spd
'90 Beretta Indy - 3.1/Auto
'90 TGP - 3.2 Turbo/Auto
'04 TSX - 2.4/Auto

Post by Guest »

Most dubs are 8.5" wide, there's a select few that might be 8", but even that is asking for trouble

Post by Guest »

hhmm well i just wanted some major "bling bling"   so i want the biggest i can go, but should i just stick with 18's or should iventure about to 19's? 20's would probably be impossoible..?

Post by Guest »

18's can be done without any major modifications, with 19's and 20's you are looking at spacers, fender rolling, etc.