Announce an event, topic or get together that might affect everyone
SuzukiGhostRider

Dex Cool Lawsuit Settled

Post by SuzukiGhostRider »

For GM vehicles '95 to '03. Click Me

Mr. Beefy

Dex Cool Lawsuit Settled

Post by Mr. Beefy »

would have been nice if I had the Corsi years ago..... 12 years old.....

John

'01 Duratec Sable Wagon
heavywoody
Global Moderator

Dex Cool Lawsuit Settled

Post by heavywoody »

The L-bodies aren't on the listing of the Group A, B, or C vehicles... how are we covered?

Geoff
95 Z26 Turbo 3400 5spd - R&D Project
Beretta Preservation Society - Director of Acquisitions
Cliff8928
Administrator

Dex Cool Lawsuit Settled

Post by Cliff8928 »

They should be by the fact that they do have the 3100.  I would contact the people and ask..

Cliff Scott
SuzukiGhostRider

Dex Cool Lawsuit Settled

Post by SuzukiGhostRider »

"GROUP A VEHICLES
Model years 1995-2003
Equipped with 3.1-liter or 3.4-liter V6 engine, manufactured before April 10, 2003 with a nylon/silicone lower intake manifold gasket.
Buick: Century, Rendezvous
Chevrolet: Impala, Lumina, Malibu, Monte Carlo, Venture
Oldsmobile: Alero, Cutlass, Silhouette
Pontiac: Aztek, Grand Am, Grand Prix, Montana, Trans Sport"

Even though the Beretta and Corsica aren't listed by name they should be covered under group A quoted above because they are in the year range and came equipped with 3.1L engines Woody. As long as Dex Cool was provided in your cars cooling system from the factory in '95 or '96 I would imagine you are covered. As Cliff suggested contact them and see. Sousa, your Corsica should be covered under the same terms if you're the first to replace the LIM. GL fellas.

Mr. Beefy

Dex Cool Lawsuit Settled

Post by Mr. Beefy »

The repairs should have been done within 7 years or 150K miles to get a whole $50 back. The car is 12 years old and has 154K on it now. From the reciepts that I have of the repairs done to the car, I will be the first to replace the LIMG in the car.

John

'01 Duratec Sable Wagon
heavywoody
Global Moderator

Dex Cool Lawsuit Settled

Post by heavywoody »

I still have my receipt for when this was done to my car... I think it was done in the winter of 00/01, when my car had around 106K. So I only get $50 of the $500-600 that the dealer charged me to do the job? That kinda blows... but hey, $50 is $50.

They seem to be very specific about the fact that Dex-Cool was meant to be used... my 95 has never seen a drop of Dex-Cool in it's life. How does that affect me?

I guess I'd need to contact them and find out. Too bad the lawsuit didn't indicate that there was/is a major problem with the 3100/3400 lower intake gaskets as well, but instead are just blaming the entire problem on Dex-Cool.

Geoff
95 Z26 Turbo 3400 5spd - R&D Project
Beretta Preservation Society - Director of Acquisitions
95Z26beretta

Dex Cool Lawsuit Settled

Post by 95Z26beretta »

Wish they would have came up with this years ago, explains why we were replacing intake gaksets every 20,000 miles or less. I had a 98 malibu had the gaskets done before I picked the car up and less then a year later they were leaking again.  

1992 Quasar Quad GTZ
2004 F150 FX4 Edition
speedygtz

Dex Cool Lawsuit Settled

Post by speedygtz »

(heavywoody @ Mar. 28 2008,08:23)QUOTEI still have my receipt for when this was done to my car... I think it was done in the winter of 00/01, when my car had around 106K. So I only get $50 of the $500-600 that the dealer charged me to do the job? That kinda blows... but hey, $50 is $50.

They seem to be very specific about the fact that Dex-Cool was meant to be used... my 95 has never seen a drop of Dex-Cool in it's life. How does that affect me?

I guess I'd need to contact them and find out. Too bad the lawsuit didn't indicate that there was/is a major problem with the 3100/3400 lower intake gaskets as well, but instead are just blaming the entire problem on Dex-Cool.
much easier to blame it on someone else rather then make them look bad,if it came to that, theyd blame the manufacturer of the gaskets, and so on, as far as im concerned, most of the people who see this are going to be the people that watch the daily news or just dont have a life, it would be to late before a vast majority of people find out about the re-call, but hey, my parents didnt do there limg, and they have an 01 gagt with 66k on it, i keep telling my dad, but he just keeps using the car, now he's driving it 100 miles one way each day, and i keep telling him, but he keeps saying no,no, dont have the money for it.... blah blah blah.... he'll see....

the z26 is on the road!