2 question

Archived topics from the Other Tech Questions Forum

2 question

Post by Guest »

#1 - Whats The Chance In My Cyclinder Heads Being Cracked On My Quad?? Like Is It More Likley The Headgasket Or The Cyclinder Heads??

#2 - Are Gm Headbolts Any Good.. Cause I Would Like ARP.. But They Will Take Awhile To Get From The States To Canada.. And Its Going In This Week And It Can't Sit At The Shops For Months.. Only Like 1 Week..

gar187er

2 question

Post by gar187er »

i heard the GM bolts are the ones to go with....

--Ryan--

Mind If I use your Internet connection?? I don't like paying...Thank You!!!

2 question

Post by Guest »

hopefully cause i can get them fast

2 question

Post by Guest »

I have seen a few cracked heads on the 2.0 and 2.2 OHV engines, But depending on how hot it got, how long it was ran with a blown gasket, or anything else.  The GM bolts will work but I like ARP Especially if its going to get ran hard or Mod's done to it...  :0

2 question

Post by Guest »

not mod.. and hardley run hard/ and i stopped driving right when the gasket blew basically... it never ran really hot ewither
i am just praying its not a head crack

2 question

Post by Guest »

Question One
I've got a 90 GTZ that I just replaced the head (not just the gasket but the head) this past summer.  You will probably find that no matter what, you will need to get the head machined.  Any good machine shop will do a compression test to see if there are any cracks in your head before they plane it.  Also, no matter what you have to replace the gasket once you get it all apart.

Question Two
If you buy a head gasket rebuild kit (I bought the Felpro one) you will save a bundle of cash, get all of the right gaskets and new head bolts.

2 question

Post by Guest »

If it wasnt run much the head shouldnt be cracked but will almost definetly be warped..  I agree w/above and say to take it to a good machine shop (NAPA???)