Coolant flush

Archived topics from the Other Tech Questions Forum
98beretta kid

Coolant flush

Post by 98beretta kid »

Well after taking off my radiator cap and seeing white crap, ive decided it needed flushing (arent i smart ). Well i know it consists of taking out the bad and putting in the new, But i dont know how to "flush" it. Can someone explain this procedure. Id like to do it ASAP! Thanx in advance

-Bryan

1989 Beretta GT (Money pit #1)
1996 GMC Sonoma (Money pit #2)
1993 GTZ ( Couldn't ask for a better Car)

The 3 reasons why I'm broke

Coolant flush

Post by Guest »

As Im sure your aware a FLUSH is more than Fill and Replace.  My personal preferance is to buy a kit sold at ADVANCE AUTO, WAL-Mart, wherever..It comes with a T fitting which you install inline on one of the heater core hoses (I dont remember which but the kit comes with instructions, And some have a cleaner/flush aid you have to add?!?!).  You hook your garden hose to this Put an adapter into the radiator fill and attach a hose that runs to your collection buckets (I suggest several 5 gallon buckets with lids). The water from the hose "FLUSHES" the system in reverse.. Thus making water come spewing out the radiator fill.  You can piece it together but the kit only runs about $10-20 depending on whether you get the good one or not.  And they come with clamps, adaptors, and everything else but the tools... Hope this helps!