Any tips?

Archived topics from the Other Tech Questions Forum

Any tips?

Post by Guest »

I was wondering if anyone had any tips on installing the undercar lights??

Nafterclifen

Any tips?

Post by Nafterclifen »

I've only worked with StreetGlow, but other should be similiar, so here's my tips on how to install them...

If you're going to use the brackets they supply (cable ties work well too if you find a spot to tie them to), use them on EVERY OTHER spot they have marked. This will allow the tube to flex slightly more and not break in the cold weather rather than mounting it at every single point and having the tube be rock solid. You're supposed to take them off during the winter because the ice will collect on the tubes and with the weight, they could break or crack. I left mine on for 2 winters and after the snow, I'd go to the car wash with hot water and spray them down for $2. I never had any problems...

If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask...

1996 Beretta Z26
15.412 @ 88.03 MPH

Any tips?

Post by Guest »

Quote (Nafterclifen @ Feb. 10 2003,15:33)I've only worked with StreetGlow, but other should be similiar, so here's my tips on how to install them...

If you're going to use the brackets they supply (cable ties work well too if you find a spot to tie them to), use them on EVERY OTHER spot they have marked. This will allow the tube to flex slightly more and not break in the cold weather rather than mounting it at every single point and having the tube be rock solid. You're supposed to take them off during the winter because the ice will collect on the tubes and with the weight, they could break or crack. I left mine on for 2 winters and after the snow, I'd go to the car wash with hot water and spray them down for $2. I never had any problems...

If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask...
The ones i have are street glow. Is the wiring them up very hard? Im not a major electric fanatic and am kind of hesitant on doing this by myself.

MAD MARK

Any tips?

Post by MAD MARK »

I put silicone around all the wires that are going into the tubes to make sure NO water gets in. Works fine.

MAD MARK

Any tips?

Post by Guest »

Quote (MAD MARK @ Feb. 11 2003,19:54)I put silicone around all the wires that are going into the tubes to make sure NO water gets in. Works fine.
Thanks for the advice you two.

Any tips?

Post by Guest »

ive installed street glow lights as well. and i used some plastic ties on every other screw spot.  worked out really great.. its a little time consuming to install but it was worth it.. the wiring is not hard at all. very simple instructions to follow too