air intake sensor help

Post information about intake systems. Either purchased or custom made
BigBadBoland

air intake sensor help

Post by BigBadBoland »

hello i have a 95 3.1 beretta. i purchased a short ram intake kit. it came with the filter, a pipe with a hole and rubber thing(grommet?) and a red rubber hose thing(coupler).how do i hook it up to my stock intake, because i was told i have to attach the stock hose onto the pipe which has the filter on it, and inset the IAT sensor into the pipe....one problem, there are 2 different plug things in the stock hose, and if i insert one into the new pipe, wont there be a hole in the stock hose? please help im new to this.....

Money pit Beretta

Re: air intake sensor help

Post by Money pit Beretta »

Dang man, you should have got a CAI with a K&N filter. Ok, you have two things that you can do.
1.Try to drill a hole in the coupler for the PCV fresh air tube and plug the IAT in the new intake pipe. Put the coupler on the TB and find out where you need to make the hole. Make sure the hole is small enough to make a very tight fit on the PCV tube. You could use a block of wood inside the coupler so you don't drill a hole in both sides. With this set up you will get rid of the stock pipe that hurts flow anyway.
2.Go to the junkyard and get another IAT and plug the hole with it.

keep'em flying!
BigBadBoland

Post by BigBadBoland »

ok....here is my stock set up

so what you are saying is that i need to put this plug

into the hole in this pipe

and then for this plug

i need to make a hole in that red coupler attaching to the throttle body, small enough for that plug to fit in????
also is there any plugs/ sensors/ anything in the air box that i will need to worry about?
thanks.....

Money pit Beretta

Post by Money pit Beretta »

Wow, that is way too short! If I were you I'd just take the air box off and stick that pipe in the end of the stock tube. Take the grommet off and push the pipe all the way in to the filter and clamp it down. With that you can keep the PCV tube and the IAT in the stock place. It is best to have a K&N filter, but you can get that later and also use it on your CAI.
If you can't push it in far enough you can cut the silicone to cover the hole, but you will need two more clamps. There is nothing in the air box to worry about.

keep'em flying!
3X00-Modified
Administrator

Post by 3X00-Modified »

Yes that is essentially what you want to do. You need that sensor in the tube to read the incoming air temp... Also that intake is REALLY short. It will be a WAI not a CAI

This is the best solution.

I bought this from tranzgenic, but Styluss now has that business... So you could check out his true CAI

http://www.stylusscustoms.com/Beretta3100intakes.htm

He has a picture of my old 95 intake without the MAF so it would be like what you would need.

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"