Tach

Archived topics from the Diagnostic Help Forum

Tach

Post by Guest »

Maybe someone here has the cure for the problem. My 90 ss is having a problem with the tach it seems to start buzzing rather loudly around 2500 rpms, doesn't stop unless you accel or deccel. Can someone help me out.

Tach

Post by Guest »

It's probably the gauge. It probably got worn out, my sister's speedo did that. And what do you mean by SS? Is that a new Beretta model that no one told us about.   . You could get a new cluster, Or you can just deal with it, turn your music up really loud until it breaks.

Tach

Post by Guest »

SS is just a gt with a different package i was told by a chev dealer. Do you know how much a new gauge would cost cause it it ####ng annoying i can hear it over my bloody music.

Tach

Post by Guest »

what package?

KFLO 93 GT

Tach

Post by KFLO 93 GT »

Sorry to burst your bubble, the dealer lied to you.  I would just swap clusters, even on the pre 91 dash you could have it done in an afternoon.  Not as fast as a 91+ mind you, but it would fix the problem none the less.

93 GTs

Tach

Post by Guest »

Yeah KFLO 93 GT is right, you could just swap one easily. You could probably pick one up at a junk yard or you can check here. Also about the SS, if its a 90 its one ofthese. Chevy never made any beretta called the SS. They had the Base, GT, The 1st year of the GTZ, or the Indy. Just look at the models and you could probably tell what one you have.

Tach

Post by Guest »

The only badging on my car says SS(supersport) it is not the only one with the badging i have seen up here in canuckville in the snowy north.

Tach

Post by Guest »

Not one of those berettas has the same steering column as mine. I dont bloody know it is just what them and the insurance company told me.

Tach

Post by Guest »

I'm totally stumped. You should get a pic of your car, like the dash and stuff. Does the gauges look like this? Its hard to help when I'm not sure what exact model you have. If you can try and get pics of your car, that would help.

Tach

Post by Guest »

I just found it on that berettatalk apparently it is a 90 base with all of the options including the upgraded engine to the 3.1 mpfi. W/ a different paint job. it apparently came in the red with 2 bold black stripes down the center. Sorry bout all the confusion there guys/gals, finally got a close enough look at the interior on the post page of all the different years and packages:(

Tach

Post by Guest »

At least we know what you have now. You could upgrade to the 91+ dash. I don't know how diffrent they are to hook up. You can read this post Upgrade to 91+ Dash.
Or you can just find another cluster like your and put it in the same way.