Whats the best kind of car alarm to buy?

For all those little gadgets that make driving your car more fun and convienent. Big subs, screaming tweets? Got an amp that's on the way out? Need some recommendations? Then this is the place to ask.
AbercrombieCutie

Whats the best kind of car alarm to buy?

Post by AbercrombieCutie »

Hey all, I want to get a new car alarm for my beretta...whats the best kind to get? usually my boyfriend just takes care of all this stuff, but we just broke up...and ive never bought any parts online before, so i have like no idea what im doing...ive been looking at a new talking car alarm at this website, but im not sure if its a good deal or not...has anyone ever purchased from them before? or could someone recommend a good website to buy from? thanx so so much!!

<3
Tiffany

Kiss me and i'll see stars ...love me and i'll give them to you!
3X00-Modified
Administrator

Re: Whats the best kind of car alarm to buy?

Post by 3X00-Modified »

I went with a Clarion when I did mine a long time ago. My 96 came with one, and I'm still unsure on what brand it is and may be replacing it soon.

But my question is, if your BF used to handle this stuff I assume he would have also been the one to install it? If so where do you plan on bringing your car to get it installed? I would start checking there first if you have a place in mind, because they would also be able to recommend something that will work well and have a better warranty.

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
72chevman

Post by 72chevman »

Your best bet is to check out your local radio shops. Most of them also install quality alarms. I am getting ready to install one in my daughter's Beretta just to hook up the auto door locks.

Better than that is to get a removeable face radio and NEVER leave anything valuable in your car. I drove a convertible Mustang 5.0 for 5 years and never locked once locked it. Yes I found the door ajar a couple of times, but I never left CDs or my radar detector in it. Face it, no one is going to steal our Berettas. They just break in to steal stuff.

1996 Purple Z26 with 88,??? miles
3X00-Modified
Administrator

Post by 3X00-Modified »

Depends on the Beretta. There was a very iconic Beretta on here that was stolen and ran into the ground. It was Norm's 3.2L headers and a supercharger... 1 and only of its kind. They ran it till the heads were cracked... they found it somewhere but it was far beyond saving.

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
woody90gtz

Post by woody90gtz »

Well, nobody's gonna steal a pink one! haha

I have a terrible habit of always leaving my doors unlocked, with parts sitting on the seat.. etc.

I had thought about installing keyless entry on mine. Don't necessarily want an alarm, but can you buy a standalone keyless entry setup?

91 "SS" - WOT 3400/5spd - 13.29@101.6 - World's fastest N/A FWD Beretta
96 "T56" LS/6spd/8.8 RWD swap - 13.45@104.7 lol
GEARHEAD dezign youtube
wicked-irocz

Post by wicked-irocz »

yes

94 Beretta Z26 57,4xx miles
3100, auto, crank windows, power locks/trunk, A/C,
To many mods to list
-intercooler :shock:

Among beretta boards
1st Turbo 4t60-e
1st Turbo 3100
1st Turbo Z26
1st 94+ Turbo
91retta

Post by 91retta »

i install at best buy and the best on i have installed on a car as well as a beretta is a nustart nuas-8000 everywhere sells them and i think is your best bet

1991 beretta gt New 3.1
2 10" kickers l7
1100 watt kenwood KAC8152D

1991 S-10 4.3L getting a 383ci