Raced Yesterday...

Need some setup advice, have some stories? For organized racing stories only! No street racing here!
jene

Re: Raced Yesterday...

Post by jene »

no holes yet..

wicked-irocz

Post by wicked-irocz »

My initial guess was that the Z has a larger swing in underhood temps because of not having hood vents. Just a guess.

94 Beretta Z26 57,4xx miles
3100, auto, crank windows, power locks/trunk, A/C,
To many mods to list
-intercooler :shock:

Among beretta boards
1st Turbo 4t60-e
1st Turbo 3100
1st Turbo Z26
1st 94+ Turbo
jene

Post by jene »

ran the red car with out a air filter sunday and I was .2 SLOWER! yup.. slower.. not sure how that happened.. but it did.. so now i will be running with the filter on...

Asylum

Post by Asylum »

I have actually run mine with the cone on the short ram a couple of times and didn't really notice any difference.

But I generally take it off.

What TB are you using?

:beer:

Eric

Asylum Motorsports
"Where we're not happy 'til YOU'RE not happy!

'91 California Quad (Gone with just a bit of "Seller's Remorse".)
'92 3500 GT gone and not really missed. It was fun. Documented 13.47 N/A.
jene

Post by jene »

Asylum

Post by Asylum »

I think that is 56mm and a little small for a race/WOT application.

You need to think 62mm.

And the two tenths difference could have been the day or some other factor.

And while I am no fan of CAI's on a race application, because they don't do any good, there may be more to your situation Jene.

Did the MPH change??

:beer:

Eric

Asylum Motorsports
"Where we're not happy 'til YOU'RE not happy!

'91 California Quad (Gone with just a bit of "Seller's Remorse".)
'92 3500 GT gone and not really missed. It was fun. Documented 13.47 N/A.
jene

Post by jene »

i only hit 82 mph.... but the air was amazing here at 7400 feet.. normally on a da day like that i am running 16.7's...

i think i should grab one of those 62 mm tb's though...

3X00-Modified
Administrator

Post by 3X00-Modified »

jene wrote:ran the red car with out a air filter sunday and I was .2 SLOWER! yup.. slower.. not sure how that happened.. but it did.. so now i will be running with the filter on...
You need to test it on a broader scale and do it multiple times. You cant rely on just one test to get you final results.

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
jene

Post by jene »

yeah.. i dont have a chance to to it more this season.. I have points to make and rounds to win... dinking around with it may cost me some much needed wins... but yes.. i should try it more then once...

jene

Post by jene »

i am going to go ahead and run foot brake saturday.. so maybe i will try it again then...

3X00-Modified
Administrator

Post by 3X00-Modified »

jene wrote:i am going to go ahead and run foot brake saturday.. so maybe i will try it again then...
What you need to do is run it in normal form for your races or the corsi, which ever your doing the bracket with, and then if they also have a test and tune section those nights, run the car tweaked during those runs.

If your running the silver one full time, then Ok I can understand not wanting to switch back and forth every run, but you should hit a few t&t sessions with the parts to go back and forth... Same day testing back to back are the best and closest results you can get.

I just need to show up for a T&T session... Thats why my car is currently doing 14.8's n/a and only 13.511 on the NOS... I changed too much and I've only been to the strip 3 times this year for a grand total of about 9 runs... you can't shake a car down in that little amount of time.

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
jene

Post by jene »

I dont do test n tunes.. no point in it. My car is slow-er on test n tunes nights. when my car is warm or hot it runs much much slower then when i actually race it at a bracket event. test n tunes you have to round robin in order to get any runs in.. so it never has any time to fully cool off to get a true time. would totally be pointless in my case... test and tune nights I am a easy 17.1 all night.. but at race event... my first time trial(which is always warm) it will run a 17.05... then my second it will hit a 16.90 and then from there go with the air with about an hour to 2 between runs depending upon the event. Like I have shown before some times I have hit a 16.6 on a race night (of course air being amazing) anyways.. when go in into round robin mode for the racing it slows back down about .05 each run until it tops out at a 17.2 and by that time we are done...

3X00-Modified
Administrator

Post by 3X00-Modified »

Nevermind, I'm aparently not making myself clear.

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
jene

Post by jene »

apparently not.. I wish you would learn patients and explain things more clearly. Not trying to be a snot.. but you and i seem to have this miscommunication a lot... not sure why...then it seems like you get pissy... which i can understand frustration.. but give it a few trys before you get frustrated...

from what I took it you said try no filter a few times.. not just one race. try it a test n tunes??? and then i explained why that wouldnt work well to get true times... so what am i missing?

we are not talking about the z26. we are talking about the corsica which is the only car i race and it is my daily driver. the z26 sits in the garage staying nice and pretty.

:runsies:

jene

Post by jene »

I know it is blurry but here ya go .000 light! another pin to add to my collection! also had a .014 light and a .006... feels good to be racing again! i have hardly had chance with working and all...