got questions

Archived topics from the Intakes Forum

got questions

Post by Guest »

If you replace a front grill with the solid one, how much will it affect the air flow to the radiator and will it run the engine too hot.  If you add a hood scoop will this cause any problems running cold winter air over the warm engine block.  How well do the lumina side vents increase air flow to the engine space and are they a compareable option to the hood scoop.  I have a 3.1 v6 and will be adding a cone filter in about a week.

Thanks

Chris88CL

got questions

Post by Chris88CL »

Alot of members have installed the solid front grille on a base or GT and havent had any problems with overheating.  As long as your cooling system is in good working order you shouldnt have any problems either.  
With a hood scoop you wont have any problems with the cold winter air running over the block.  Infact it will probably help things if you have the solid grille installed.  Since you have a 3.1L the air will pretty much only hit the intake plenum.  That results in lower intake temps (very slightly lower, but still lower) and a slight increase in power.  
I dont think you would really notice any increase in cold air flow into the engine bay with the lumina Z34 hood vents, but it would allow the hot air to escape.  Combined with a scoop it would probably work really well.  That might make the hood a little too "busy" unless you have some other body modifications aswell.  Thats just my opinion tho.

Chris
AIM: Chris88CL
lezarch@hotmail.com

gar187er

got questions

Post by gar187er »

i was actually trying to obtain the 34 vents for my beretta....the way my intake is postioned would work well for the vents....my intake as you may know is over/in my wheel well...so putting the vent(s) on my hood, would benefit myself more so then some others......

--Ryan--

Mind If I use your Internet connection?? I don't like paying...Thank You!!!
Chris88CL

got questions

Post by Chris88CL »

Last I checked you could still get them from the chevy dealer.
Heres the part numbers:
10256882 Baffle-HO  $15.87
10188367 Baffle-HO  $15.87
10178485 Extractor  $76.28
10178485 Extractor  $76.28
The prices may be different.

Chris
AIM: Chris88CL
lezarch@hotmail.com

gar187er

got questions

Post by gar187er »

hmmmm i take it one is for the drivers side, and one is for pass. side?

--Ryan--

got questions

Post by Guest »

Look at Ryan's post #!!!!!!!!!  EVIL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

got questions

Post by Guest »

Quote (BluBalz @ Dec. 14 2001,07:30)Look at Ryan's post #!!!!!!!!!  EVIL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MAD MARK

got questions

Post by MAD MARK »

Yes one is for drivers and one is for passanges. They are angled differently.

And if you think it would look too "busy" then take a look at the RS/WRX hoods...I think they look fine. I will have the cowl hood on soon enough but I dont know about the Z34 vents then.

MAD MARK

got questions

Post by Guest »

check around on ebay. i got a pair of trans am hood vents from a 94 or 95. they are very very sweet. i got the pair for 25$ including shipping and they were already the right color. just search around and you will always find something unique for your car on there.

got questions

Post by Guest »

whats it called?

got questions

Post by Guest »

is it easy to put the lumina vents in your hood?I think they look good.I might do that if it is possible.If it is possible is it hard?

gar187er

got questions

Post by gar187er »

just some custom fabrication...IE gettin the recipricating saw out......i gotta fix up my wheel well soon too, its startin to bug me...i have a few rough spots to say the least.....lol.....but for the vents, all you need to do is make a hole.....sounds easier then it is....but if you take your time, its not that hard.....

--Ryan--