The Old Man is going Turbo! NOT!!

Need some setup advice, have some stories? For organized racing stories only! No street racing here!
Asylum

Re: The Old Man is going Turbo!

Post by Asylum »

Well I have no idea what it will cost and quite frankly don't care.

I'm sure it won't be cheap, but be won't take any money from me anyway.

It will shift on its own. We have been trying to conceive a manual VB, but it's really complicated.

I have still not hurt anything he has built. Finally broke an axle, but that is it.

His stuff doesn't break!

And he builds them all pretty much the same. The J and W Body guys love his stuff! 3t40 or 4t60(e)

Out the door price is still $800 - $1000 including the converter and any gear set you want, cash and carry. (LSD is extra)

:beer:

Eric

Asylum Motorsports
"Where we're not happy 'til YOU'RE not happy!

'91 California Quad (Gone with just a bit of "Seller's Remorse".)
'92 3500 GT gone and not really missed. It was fun. Documented 13.47 N/A.
1988GTU

Post by 1988GTU »

asylum wrote:Well I have no idea what it will cost and quite frankly don't care.

I'm sure it won't be cheap, but be won't take any money from me anyway.

It will shift on its own. We have been trying to conceive a manual VB, but it's really complicated.

I have still not hurt anything he has built. Finally broke an axle, but that is it.

His stuff doesn't break!

And he builds them all pretty much the same. The J and W Body guys love his stuff! 3t40 or 4t60(e)

Out the door price is still $800 - $1000 including the converter and any gear set you want, cash and carry. (LSD is extra)

I sometimes wonder if I am American..... Been tempted to go in debt for something not of necessity is enticing, but something about responsibility and keeping within my means always takes over.
I need a 3rd job or to find just one good paying job... =@

_________
-------------
wicked-irocz

Post by wicked-irocz »

bias ply slicks that are 8" wide and 24" tall will cure most traction issues.

94 Beretta Z26 57,4xx miles
3100, auto, crank windows, power locks/trunk, A/C,
To many mods to list
-intercooler :shock:

Among beretta boards
1st Turbo 4t60-e
1st Turbo 3100
1st Turbo Z26
1st 94+ Turbo
3X00-Modified
Administrator

Post by 3X00-Modified »

1988GTU wrote: I sometimes wonder if I am American..... Been tempted to go in debt for something not of necessity is enticing, but something about responsibility and keeping within my means always takes over.
I just had my credit checked by a Identity Theft Protection program through my discover card, and right at the end it states my credit score, and says "Your Score is higher than 98.00% of the U.S. population"

Damn that's sad...

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
1988GTU

Post by 1988GTU »

3X00-Modified wrote:
1988GTU wrote: I sometimes wonder if I am American..... Been tempted to go in debt for something not of necessity is enticing, but something about responsibility and keeping within my means always takes over.
I just had my credit checked by a Identity Theft Protection program through my discover card, and right at the end it states my credit score, and says "Your Score is higher than 98.00% of the U.S. population"

Damn that's sad...
I wasn't joking!!! :ROFL:

I will not go to the darkside of faulty credit scores until I have a family. Babies = Debt AUTOMATICALLY!

_________
-------------
jene

Post by jene »

creit is bad! lol.. we have absolutly no debt here... just our normal bills and rent (soon to be mortgage again) i dont believe in "credit"

lol

anyways.. asylum.. we have been tossing the idea around of turboing my silver car... not sure what all i would HAVE to do to the engine and tranny to make it work right with out breaking something??

Asylum

Post by Asylum »

Rodney ran 12.5 spinning all the way thru first gear and ended up at 119 mph with an intercooled turbo on his 3500 5-speed. Be in the 11's come spring.

Motor is 100% stock except for valve springs.

And there is nothing wrong with credit if managed properly!

I bought a brand new G6 Vert on my Visa in S.C.

Paid it off 43 days later.....NO INTEREST CHARGED!

Eric

Asylum Motorsports

woody90gtz

Post by woody90gtz »

I have great credit but I am shy to use it! I've paid everything full in cash except for my college education which was about 1/2 cash each semester. I got a deal for a 5% fixed mortgage and couldnt stomach the total price commitment and was barely outbid.

Now I need to find as good of a deal and take advantage of it this time!

91 "SS" - WOT 3400/5spd - 13.29@101.6 - World's fastest N/A FWD Beretta
96 "T56" LS/6spd/8.8 RWD swap - 13.45@104.7 lol
GEARHEAD dezign youtube
IsaacHayes

Post by IsaacHayes »

I couldn't get a loan for a house unless it was adjustable rate WITH a co-signer. I had 20% down payment too. I don't have bad credit, I just don't HAVE credit... Guess I'll have to bite the bullet and waste money on interest on some loan I don't need. But I'm sure they'll give a loan to someone who has no money........ Ugh.

And more on topic, The old man is not going turbo!!!!!!!!!

Image Image 2010 project (click pic)
1994 3100 BERETTA. 200,000+ miles.
16.0 @ 84.41mph when stock. Now ???
Original L82 w/LA1, LX9, & LX5 parts!!!

soon to be OBD1 tuned...
1988GTU

Post by 1988GTU »

IsaacHayes wrote:But I'm sure they'll give a loan to someone who has no money........ Ugh.
No, you have to have terrible credit and have state aid in order to get money lent to you.

:x

No turd?!?! poop!

_________
-------------
3X00-Modified
Administrator

Post by 3X00-Modified »

All you need is a credit card to get credit history... Don't take out a loan for nothing. Just get a Card, and use it to buy gas all the time, and pay it off at the end of the month. I do that EVERY month. I just paid off my discover at 1100 and that was brake parts, HDMI cables, alot of gas, and some other home items. I never touch my bank account till its time to pay bills then the money is always there... And I end up saving more that way.

Enough credit talk... more turbo talk!

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
IsaacHayes

Post by IsaacHayes »

Bank told me to take out a personal loan, and not pay it off the next day since that would not build credit. I told them I could waste money in more entertaining ways than that. I did get a credit card after they denied me a house loan, limit is only 500 bucks so I have to keep track of what I buy with it. I only use it for gas, food, supplies, etc and not parts/etc purchases. I have no idea how long it will take to get good credit though..... I don't want to wait another year or more. I want to start looking in spring again at houses which takes freaking forever to find just one good one out of 50....... The back did tell me if I had credit they'd give me a loan for an amount that I thought would have been waaaay over my budget. I guess they don't expect you to have electricity, cable, water, trash, a car payment or insurance, and live off of ramen noodles. Or maybe most people get those free from the government? >:( I know I'm not going to live paycheck to paycheck with a house loan where if I need $50 for a new car battery or something as simple as that, I'm screwed and have to take out more loans... That's dumb IMO. I'd rather have money left over at the end of the month if I need it for something, or to save up for a purchase. If I don't need that extra money, then I can throw it towards the house payment at my choosing for that month.

Eric decided to go with a Cam and not Turbo...... Eric, what was the final factor in that decision?

Image Image 2010 project (click pic)
1994 3100 BERETTA. 200,000+ miles.
16.0 @ 84.41mph when stock. Now ???
Original L82 w/LA1, LX9, & LX5 parts!!!

soon to be OBD1 tuned...
3X00-Modified
Administrator

Post by 3X00-Modified »

IsaacHayes wrote:The back did tell me if I had credit they'd give me a loan for an amount that I thought would have been waaaay over my budget. I guess they don't expect you to have electricity, cable, water, trash, a car payment or insurance, and live off of ramen noodles. Or maybe most people get those free from the government? >:( I know I'm not going to live paycheck to paycheck with a house loan where if I need $50 for a new car battery or something as simple as that, I'm screwed and have to take out more loans... That's dumb IMO. I'd rather have money left over at the end of the month if I need it for something, or to save up for a purchase. If I don't need that extra money, then I can throw it towards the house payment at my choosing for that month.
98% of the American public doesn't think with their brain like you just did and how I did when I bought my house. And a bank will give you anything and the more the better because if its over your means they know you wont be able to pay it quick... more interest for them. Its sick and twisted and BS.

I heard of the cam but I thought that was just a turbo cam for the rest of the setup.

Eric care to chime in here? I wasn't sure on the specs of the cam you went with.

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
Asylum

Post by Asylum »

Turbo is too easy, LOL, and I really like the WOW factor of a mid to low 13 second N/A stock looking 3500.

It appears it's not much if any cheaper by the time everything I have ordered gets here, but then it's a long winter so why not spend ~$2000 on a "spare" $375 engine.

(Besides the Quickest N/A trophy I am building for B'Fest is just TOO nice to give away! ROFL!!)

Eric

Asylum Motorsports

3X00-Modified
Administrator

Post by 3X00-Modified »

And the F/I trophy is crap? That's not fair.

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"