Hood Scoop?

Archived topics from the Intakes Forum

Hood Scoop?

Post by Guest »

Where do you think he got that cowl from? Do you think he got it custom made? Where would you get one custom made at? I would like to get one li8ke that but maybe only have a 3" raise instead of a 4". How much would that cost?

Quote:
Negative pressure air vent near front of hood

What is this? I've probably seen one I'm just not sure what they look like. I think I might steal Mach5's idea if it looks good.

HeartBeatKid

Hood Scoop?

Post by HeartBeatKid »

aright i think that this looks realy good the pic that i got right below my signature what do ya think??

Hood Scoop?

Post by Guest »

The Torrossa GFX aren't all that bad looking and the hood is alright. You could just order the hood if you wanted. I heard that they don't look all that great on the car though.

Hood Scoop?

Post by Guest »

The thing that I have a problem with the hood scoop is the coefficent of drag that is created.  The aerodymanicness (probably not a word) isn't as good as if you were to go with a cowl hood.  That is just my opinion.  

HeartBeatKid

Hood Scoop?

Post by HeartBeatKid »

if you want the hood go to this link and check it out

street effects

tell me about it

Hood Scoop?

Post by Guest »

It is not the whole hood but just a skin.  With the skin you have to have it mounted to the original hood (stock) and if you want it to lat cold air in you have to cut out parts of yous stock hood.  

Hood Scoop?

Post by Guest »

I was told street effects will take your money and run. I don't know if this is true since I personally haven't got anything from them but I felt like I should say something. Just a little heads up.

Hood Scoop?

Post by Guest »

isn't a negative pressure hood vent or whatever, the opposite of what you guys are saying it is?  are you talking about the vents that face rear/upward in the hood, just behind the radiator with a depressed part of the hood behind them?  almost like an inverted scoop, right?  if that is what you are talking about, the new Corvette C5R has that as well as many other cars-  it's so air can travel straight through the radiator to cool the coolant and the hot air can then fly straight up and out across the hood instead of inside the engine bay.  the wind flowing up and over the hood helps create suction to pull that hot air out.  

HeartBeatKid

Hood Scoop?

Post by HeartBeatKid »

http://www.berettastuff.com/members/mem ... ndex.shtml

this one is cool i just dont like the other one. i really like how it is slamed to the ground i want that car lol:D

90BerettaGTZ

Hood Scoop?

Post by 90BerettaGTZ »

um, people sell cowl induction hoods with a small raise in the middle between the creases in the hood. the lift off hood is around 260 and the street version is 450. it looks very very nice.

http://www.usbodysource.com/87-93%20BERETTA.htm

i bet thats what you want right there.

HeartBeatKid

Hood Scoop?

Post by HeartBeatKid »

not to bad but it looks really small thats the only down side

Hood Scoop?

Post by Guest »

This is a little late but I saw something in a previous post that caught my eye.  Let me just say: DO NOT BUY ANYTHING FROM STREETEFFECTS.COM.  I was one that had been ripped and screwed by them.  They took over $500.00 of my money and ran.  The worst part is I tried very hard to work with them over the course of 6 months.  Well they have my money...and I have no parts. ;o)  If you want to see another Beretta with a scoop go here.  My own completely fiberglass creation. HERE
4.5" cowl but it is hard to see because the sun was out that day.  This is a better pic. Another Pic

Hood Scoop?

Post by Guest »

How much to make me one?  Thats sweeet!!!!  

Hood Scoop?

Post by Guest »

armed 88 - did you make the ground effects on your beretta too? they look really nice.

bonecrrusher

Hood Scoop?

Post by bonecrrusher »

YOU ARE SO FULL OF SH*T, that hood is from Usbody.com. It cost like 450 or so!

and multiple cars on berettastuff have that hood.

So you didnt make it!

2005 Chevrolet Corvette Z51
2005 GMC Sierra 2500HD
2014 Chevy SS