Blinker trouble

Archived topics from the Diagnostic Help Forum
Chazzman

Blinker trouble

Post by Chazzman »

For some reason I just noticed that my left turnsignal isn't working at all. it doesn't light at all, even when I turn on my hazard lamps the only thing that lights is the right hand side.
Not even my lamp in the gauge cluster is lighting up.
What gives?
Chazz  

'92 GT-Z 3.1L 5spd lot's of GO FAST stuff  

Blinker trouble

Post by Guest »

I have the same problem, but BOTH of mine are out. I have no clue why. :rock:

voyager

Blinker trouble

Post by voyager »

assuming you've checked bulbs and fuses, i would start looking at the wires..

~-~-~-~-~-~-~
BerettaLove32

Blinker trouble

Post by BerettaLove32 »

Check your blinker fluid you might be running low:D  Actually I have a similiar problem, my turn signals work but when I turn on my hazards the front right doesnt go on with the rest of the lights. But it works with the turn signal. :rock:

Blinker trouble

Post by Guest »

I have a similar problem. With my 4 ways on they all flash. my passenger front and rear blinkers work. the problem is my drivers side turn signals will come on but will not flash. I have changed both of my flashers (hazard and turn). I have bulbs to put in tomorow hope it doesn't rain. I really hate testing wires.

Chazzman

Blinker trouble

Post by Chazzman »

Quote (Thompson @ June 06 2003,17:11)I have a similar problem. With my 4 ways on they all flash. my passenger front and rear blinkers work. the problem is my drivers side turn signals will come on but will not flash. I have changed both of my flashers (hazard and turn). I have bulbs to put in tomorow hope it doesn't rain. I really hate testing wires.
Thats exactly what my car is doing. If ya figure it out, let me know ASAP!

'92 GT-Z 3.1L 5spd lot's of GO FAST stuff  
gtuturbo

Blinker trouble

Post by gtuturbo »

The 1157 and 2057 bulbs are dual filament bulbs. One goes to the brake lights and one for the turn signals. I don't remember which is which.
If a filament has opened it can cause the probems that are being talked about.
Also a grounded bulb receptacle can cause these problems. Maybe a can of contact cleaner would come in handy?

Paul Keller
1988 Chevrolet Beretta GTU (turbocharged) (bought new in August 1988)
1966 Oldsmobile Cutlass Convertible
2020 Chevrolet Equinox LT
2017 Kia Sorento V6 AWD
2017 GMC Acadia SLE-1

Blinker trouble

Post by Guest »

A common problem is the turn signal switch assembly.  It's the part in the steering wheel that has all the contacts to complete the circuits.  They are about $30 from any parts store.

AC Delco D6285 for 91+ Beretta's

For me, my 4 ways would work fine, but both the signals would just stay solid in the instument cluster, so I changed this part and now everything works

Blinker trouble

Post by Guest »

I had the same thing happen on my 91 GT. Both sides would come on but wouldn't blink. At first the dealer said it was the steering column switch. Way too expensive to fix so I lived with manual blinkers for a year. I finally decided enuough was enough and ripped everything apart. I found that the connections inside the bulb sockets were covered in some type of yellowish goop.Some kind of conductive gel I'm told. I used a Q-tip to clean the connections and have't had a problem since.

Blinker trouble

Post by Guest »

Thanks for the help!! I had a loose wire on my passenger rear turn signal. Works like a charm now.