Introducing Your "New" Beretta.net Committee

Announce an event, topic or get together that might affect everyone
quad4berettagtz
Administrator

Introducing Your "New" Beretta.net Committee

Post by quad4berettagtz »

A little history into the subject line:

Within the last month, the BerettaFest Committee was contacted by the then owner of the beretta.net domain name Todd Eigenschink (from the old school) about the possible sale of the domain name to the group. Todd maintained the domain name and the hosting of our site for many years, and for that we will always be thankful for his services. It was discussed and decided that the best move for our site's members was to bring the domain under the care of an active leadership so that updates to the site and future software/hardware updates could be controlled "by the group".

The committee raised the required funds to buy the domain name from Todd and put it in the Beretta.net member's name. As Committee Chairman my name was put on as owner-contact, and Will Hathaway was put on as technical contact. Do not get me wrong here; this domain is now owned by the members of Beretta.net. It will always be the group's domain for as long as we can keep this good thing we have rolling - you have my word on that. The purchase was funded by a majority of the current committee members, which is representative of the larger membership. I would like to personally thank all who donated to fund this purchase - without your selfless generosity we would not have been able to bring this "home".

Now for the changes:

The BerettaFest Committee will now become the Beretta.net Committee. This was discussed by its members nearly a year ago when we were migrating the site's information from Todd's servers to Will's. The Committee's structure will remain unchanged, and will operate in the same fashion - democratic and representative of the larger membership base. We will still operate with the (now) 4 permanent positions that are currently held by myself (Chariman), Will (Webmaster), Cliff (Registrar),and Amanda (Treasurer). There will still be annual elections for 3 positions in the fall, and we may look to add another annual position if demand warrants it. We will still organize and plan BerettaFest, but will also tackle issues that address the site as a whole. One of our first issues to address is to continue the work to update/reorganize/streamline the site to make it better - for all of you.

Now more than ever - you, the Beretta.net member - have a major say in what happens with your group. This is a car community for the owners, by the owners - always has been and always will be.

If you have a question, feel free to speak up! If you have a personal comment or question that you want to address to myself or the other committee members, PLEASE keep that confined to personal email or PM on the message board.

Thank you,

Mike - Beretta.net Committee Chairman Emeritus
'90 Med Garnet GTZ<-awaiting heart transplant 295k
'90 Black GTZ SCCA Solo II #24 STS
'92 Quasar Blue GTZ <- rusted into a holding pattern
3X00-Modified
Administrator

Re: Introducing Your "New" Beretta.net Committee

Post by 3X00-Modified »

I want a @beretta.net email address... LMAO :)

Good Job guys!

Not that many there will care, but has this been posted on Bstuff?

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
quad4berettagtz
Administrator

Post by quad4berettagtz »

Not yet?

I'm sure it has made its way over there one way or another by now...

:D

Mike - Beretta.net Committee Chairman Emeritus
'90 Med Garnet GTZ<-awaiting heart transplant 295k
'90 Black GTZ SCCA Solo II #24 STS
'92 Quasar Blue GTZ <- rusted into a holding pattern
snowblindburd
Administrator

Post by snowblindburd »

Yay a new site!! I'm glad it's up and running. I love this place :). Thank you!

3X00-Modified
Administrator

Post by 3X00-Modified »

quad4berettagtz wrote:Not yet?

I'm sure it has made its way over there one way or another by now...

:D
I actually haven't seen anything over there yet... Maybe I'll put something up today if I'm bored.

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
NMBeretta

Post by NMBeretta »

This is great news!!

90 Chevy Beretta GT/GTZ V6 3.1
98 GMC Sierra SLE Vortec V8 5.0
01 Honda Acorrd EX 2.2
http://www.beretta.net/forum/download/f ... ew&id=1088