Bstuff appears to be infected with a Trojan...

Announce an event, topic or get together that might affect everyone
NMBeretta

Re: Bstuff appears to be infected with a Trojan...

Post by NMBeretta »

Mine hasn't told me anything.

Hope webmaster gets this fixed soon.

90 Chevy Beretta GT/GTZ V6 3.1
98 GMC Sierra SLE Vortec V8 5.0
01 Honda Acorrd EX 2.2
http://www.beretta.net/forum/download/f ... ew&id=1088
speedy

Post by speedy »

doubt it will get fixed soon, usually never does...

1991 beretta GTZ- 2.3l w41 cams, ported 086 head with a 3 angle valve job, fidanza flywheel with exedy racing clutch, 3.94fdr from and scx, so much more..
DTMAce

Post by DTMAce »

Woody:

My Avast anti virus on THIS computer reports bstuff pages as infected when using IE. When I use FF on THIS computer it doesn't for some reason. This computer is running XP. My laptop is running Vista. With it, again Avast on that computer reports that BOTH IE and FF when accessing bstuff, that the SITE is infected. This has nothing to do with the browser. In fact, its stopping the virus (or whatever it is) from getting ONTO my computer. My Fiance's system is also running XP. And again, with Avast it reports bstuff as infected ONLY with IE. Not FF. I checked the versions, all three systems are running the latest FF and IE8. So having XP may be a factor, but not certain.

Regardless, the site IS infected. Whether you will personally be infected by visiting it remains to be seen. Whether my Avast stops me or not, I don't seem to be impaired in any way.

However, for my peace of mind, I will be avoiding it LIKE the plague. LOL

At least till its fixed.

94' Z26 Project - 95' Base Project - Custom LED Light Conversions!
Chosen Proposal Submission & Committee Member for Beretta Fest 2012 in Traverse City Michigan

woody90gtz

Post by woody90gtz »

I've been avoiding it as well. I'm running XP so that must be why I'm not getting the heads up.

Hope it doesn't show up on my work PC! I was on earlier today and all viruses get auto-forwarded to the boss man...haha

91 "SS" - WOT 3400/5spd - 13.29@101.6 - World's fastest N/A FWD Beretta
96 "T56" LS/6spd/8.8 RWD swap - 13.45@104.7 lol
GEARHEAD dezign youtube
Asylum

Post by Asylum »

I have XP and Norton still won't let me get on the site.

Keeps throwing warnings at me.

Eric

Asylum Motorsports
"Where we're not happy 'til YOU'RE not happy!

'91 California Quad (Gone with just a bit of "Seller's Remorse".)
'92 3500 GT gone and not really missed. It was fun. Documented 13.47 N/A.
3X00-Modified
Administrator

Post by 3X00-Modified »

DTMAce wrote:Woody:

My Avast anti virus on THIS computer reports bstuff pages as infected when using IE. When I use FF on THIS computer it doesn't for some reason. This computer is running XP. My laptop is running Vista. With it, again Avast on that computer reports that BOTH IE and FF when accessing bstuff, that the SITE is infected. This has nothing to do with the browser. In fact, its stopping the virus (or whatever it is) from getting ONTO my computer. My Fiance's system is also running XP. And again, with Avast it reports bstuff as infected ONLY with IE. Not FF. I checked the versions, all three systems are running the latest FF and IE8. So having XP may be a factor, but not certain.

Regardless, the site IS infected. Whether you will personally be infected by visiting it remains to be seen. Whether my Avast stops me or not, I don't seem to be impaired in any way.

However, for my peace of mind, I will be avoiding it LIKE the plague. LOL

At least till its fixed.
Just remember ace they are the same version but do you have the same Java versions on the PC's? This appears to be a javascript virus.

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
DTMAce

Post by DTMAce »

Version 6, update 18 on this one, and the laptop. Not sure about hers.

Chosen Proposal Submission & Committee Member for Beretta Fest 2012 in Traverse City Michigan

quad4berettagtz
Administrator

Post by quad4berettagtz »

Good heads up...

I'll be avoiding it like the plague until it is fixed (I only post Bfest updates over there anyway). I have no protection on this old beast ('02 desktop) at home right now and I don't need it going down!

Mike - Beretta.net Committee Chairman Emeritus
'90 Med Garnet GTZ<-awaiting heart transplant 295k
'90 Black GTZ SCCA Solo II #24 STS
'92 Quasar Blue GTZ <- rusted into a holding pattern
3X00-Modified
Administrator

Post by 3X00-Modified »

Wow you guys with no protection... I don't know how you can do it. Just about anything can cause an issue these days.

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
DTMAce

Post by DTMAce »

Hell just being online can get you infected..... I know, I have to fix these damn things when they go down. I will admit (and no offense to the under 20 generation) but kids are the HARDEST thing on computers, especially with regards to viruses.

Anyways. I haven't been to bstuff since like Wednesday. Hope they get it fixed.

Wanako

Post by Wanako »

I've been getting virus alerts too. It was definitely a java virus, hell it tried to open Acrobat on it's own. I'm running Firefox with Windows 7 and Kaspersky was going absolutely nuts with all the infections. I'm staying out of there for a while.

I hope it gets fixed soon, I'm gonna have withdrawals. so yea, BNET is gonna have some more active members in the coming days (months, years)

For all of you guys without protection, don't even go near it. I also suggest you AT LEAST get a free AV program. Avast is good.

3X00-Modified
Administrator

Post by 3X00-Modified »

Wanako wrote: Avast is good.

Touche!

Mr.Pink
Supreme Unit
Sleepy Goodness
"Beretta Guy"
DTMAce

Post by DTMAce »

Seconded. That's all I've been using lately for those that don't want to buy one, and it is a nice program if you DO want to buy it. Sure doesn't bog the hell out of your computer like Norton, McAfee, Trend, and a few others. I remember when virus programs started being more common back like 10-12 years ago. Norton, McAfee, Trend, Avast, F-prot, etc. Many of those have been around a long ass time. AVG was a newer breed, but it has been around awhile. What cracks me up are these hardly ever heard of ones that I run into on people's systems, that seem to be a full program, and appear to be "decent" but I never have much faith in them and you never have heard of them before. And no I'm not talking about the fake ones either. Those are just evil.

When I started in this business I stuck with Norton AV (just the antivirus, never cared for the Works, or the IS, or the 360). Up till about 2004. Then it all went to crap. They started using more overhead, taking longer to load, longer to remove, and having issues with it running well on every system. That was when I first started using Trend. God that was a mistake. Updating Trend was a nightmare, especially for dial up users. It would take forever, and it did slow down the systems somewhat. So I switched over to Panda AV. Cheap program (less than 10 bucks a copy) and it worked decent. Didn't impact computer performance much either. But it didn't always catch everything, and updating wasn't every day.
Then gave the then new Microsoft Live One Care a shot. That worked fairly well, didn't overwhelm the computer and provided some nice additional tools. But MS had to go and cancel that and switch to a freebie version called Security Essentials. Ugh. Though it works better than Defender, it is about as useful as Malwarebytes.

During that period I also started using AVG as the newer 8-8.5 was working well for people as a free alternative. Then 9 came along, while still decent just was lacking in being truly effective. Customers would have it on the system and still get infected. Now I had encountered Kaspersky a few times, its ok, and a few others, but what really sold me on the Avast was its ability to shut down infected websites. Even the prior version to the 2010 worked well at this. (it looked like a CD player interface). But I have been quite happy with how the Avast works for a free version.

I have used programs like Malwarebytes in the past, but I find that it lacks a lot. You have to manually run it, manually update it and full programs like avast and avg can ALREADY do what it does for the most part. Windows Defender is also another nice additional tool, but again, unless its already running on a system, I don't add it. I believe in the quote "the more you check the plumbing, the easier it is to stop up the drain" So saying, having more than one program is just asking for problems. lol Sometimes they fight with each other, or slow the computer down too much.

Avast (for those of you that have it already probably know this) will update its definitions sometimes 2 or 3 times a DAY! And it has program updates I think every week! This is another reason I like it. It updates itself more often than any other anti virus I have ever used or owned. And the daily updates are small, even on dial-up it only takes a minute or two tops.

KennethO

Bstuff appears to be infected with a Trojan...

Post by KennethO »

Off topic kinda. But what ever happened to the Kasper online free scan thing they had? Was pretty good at catching some of the hard to find bugs.

AVG, Avast and Spybot S&D are among the best I've come by. I run the lastest AVG with Spybot as an additional scanner when I feel the need and Immunize feature is nice too. Don't run tea timer with AVG tho, seems to bog things down a bit imo and not needed.

DTMAce

Post by DTMAce »

Isn't teatimer an update tool for realplayer? Actually any program that has to check for updates EVERY day that isn't the OS or an anti-virus program is a tool anyway... LOL I usually shut down every program auto updater except for those I feel are important. Even Java, Flash and AReader don't have to check every single day. HPUpdates are another annoying bastard of an update program that I usually shut down or remove.. If your HP printer is working, then it doesn't need updates. LOL